Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New poster; relatively new atheist.
New poster; relatively new atheist.
Well, a quick intro to me; I'm 24, born in DC, raised in foster care, I was indoctrinated into methodist christianity at a young age, began questioning it in high school science classes, and eventually became the atheist I am today! I like really short walks on the beaches, since walking on sand is only so amusing, playing my 360, and reminding Catholics that Stalin may have been an atheist but Hitler was a Catholic. [And just like WWII, the catholics are losing to the atheists, though at a steadier pace and with far, FAR less violence]

Hope to get to know people on here, and if anyone is curious, I am from Madison, Wisconsin. Hopefully there's some other Mad-Sconnies out there on here.
RE: New poster; relatively new atheist.
north Carolina here
Just please tell me that you don't have one of these hats....

[Image: cheese-600-12511.jpg]

I mean, welcome, even if you do, but....................
(February 18, 2012 at 4:16 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Hope to get to know people on here, and if anyone is curious, I am from Madison, Wisconsin. Hopefully there's some other Mad-Sconnies out there on here.

Welcome. I was actually born in Madison as my dad went to U of W. Moved away when I was five though.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Left the DC area (Manassas) for Charlotte, NC. Welcome aboard.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Cambridge UK here, UK capital of science and research, and we discover more stuff here than just about anywhere else on this planet. (brag, cos I don't live in Hicksville NC)
I don't live in Hicksville either. I live in Charlotte, which happens to be called "The Queen City" and you can see pictures of it on the member photos thread and my photobucket. It's quite beautiful.

Rev might live in Hicksville. I don't.
I'm gonna take a wild guess at your religious views: You are pagan?

Heresy does not necessarily mean non-religious.

Welcome Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 18, 2012 at 5:11 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I don't live in Hicksville either. I live in Charlotte, which happens to be called "The Queen City" and you can see pictures of it on the member photos thread and my photobucket. It's quite beautiful.

Rev might live in Hicksville. I don't.

Charlotte is shitbolt too, don't jazz it up, it ain't no Cambridge doll.

Im only teasing you Queenie
I'm tired and grouchy and need to be held. Quit badgering me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long time atheist, first time poster... JustEd 13 3685 April 4, 2012 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Erinome
  New here, but not a new Atheist mboss 12 4027 June 15, 2011 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Hello from a new atheist and a new member ssmutters 12 3160 August 9, 2010 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Super Cynic