Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
an atheist from atheist's hell , Iran
an atheist from atheist's hell , Iran
hi everybody and so nice to dicovering here
my real name is Moslem but i'v choosen Sepanta as my nickname ...
I am many unluckier than many freinds are here . I was born in a islamic society and country, Iran , I'm sure all here know enought about there , worse than is I was born and growing up in a religious city and even worse than all in a religios family
from my childhood i was interested in science concepts and this was my motivation to thinking about world , human's behaviors and so on , in my progress path , i found hard conflict between my new data and my regious beliefs , i started to searching for resonable answers to solve conflicts , but more searching was equal to less resonable answers ! finally my big decision time was coming , i had shoud choosen between my religious beliefs and scientific beliefs ?, at the end of story i prefer to choose truth , i had became an atheist , and i'm an agnostic now ! but i'm sure islam is devil !
atheist in iran have many troubles , being atheist is equal to death ....
but i believe in science to end this conditions ....
I really aplogize for my poor english and hope to can transmit my words
RE: an atheist from atheist's hell , Iran
Hey,man.
Welcome to Atheists Paradise.
Hey! Welcome!

Your English isn't too bad. I definitely figured out what you were trying to say.

Just be careful surfing this site if it's as bad as you say. I was under the impression Iran was slightly more progressive than the other countries in the Middle East.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 13, 2015 at 2:02 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I was under the impression Iran was slightly more progressive than the other countries in the Middle East.

It's quite strange to me how every Iranian I've ever met has been more 'westernised' than any other person who originates from that part of the world.

Welcome n00b.
Hello Sepanta! Hi Welcome to AF!

It's always interesting to hear from ex muslims!

Please, please, PLEASE be safe! Hide your IP and be very careful.

Here are your welcome waffles c:

[Image: thumb_600.JPG?1333553778]

Enjoy! I hope you'll feel at home here. And don't worry about your English, it's not too bad c:
Welcome Sepanta! Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Don't worry about your English.  Welcome.

Just make sure you clear your history after visiting and, if possible, use a proxy server.  I don't know if Iran is as bad as Saudi Arabia but I imagine there isn't much of a difference between them.
Hello. I've spent many happy months in various places in Iran. Always enjoyed working with Iranians, very welcoming.

A country in need of freedom of opinion/speech/belief if ever there was one, at least that seemed to be the opinion of almost everyone, young and old, that I got to know while I was there.
Welcome to the forum Smile
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Welcome to the forums, Sepanta! Please stay safe, and stick around if you can Smile

Your English is pretty understandable, don't worry about that Wink
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Hello from Iran, be careful. Anti.Enslave 5 83 April 22, 2024 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  how can i escape from iran aoeu123321 16 2877 April 11, 2016 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Hi. I am from Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 38 6475 January 7, 2014 at 4:18 am
Last Post: Aractus