Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Basic Human Condition
There is something beyond consciousness that binds us. It's something just beneath the surface. Novelists and artists are constantly seeking it out.

What are your thoughts on the basic human condition?
"Ohh, I don't know, who am I?" -Dr.Evil
RE: The Basic Human Condition
(February 19, 2012 at 11:32 pm)eseernosam Wrote: What are your thoughts on the basic human condition?

We were born to live and die.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(February 19, 2012 at 11:38 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote:
(February 19, 2012 at 11:32 pm)eseernosam Wrote: What are your thoughts on the basic human condition?

We were born to live and die.

And get as much pussy as you can
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Basic human condition is suffering. This Buddha taught. Artists strive to reach beyond that and evolve into immortality. The mind is our greatest ally as well our greatest enemy. With unity of opposites, the TAO, we are achieving those artistic ends.
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Buddha FSM Grin

Beyond/beneath/above consciousness,but not separate from brain is instinct.

Human beings are no more or less than another species of animal.viz; apes (primates) We are special only ourselves.

Quote:Most men live lives of quiet desperation (Voltaire)
(February 19, 2012 at 11:32 pm)eseernosam Wrote: There is something beyond consciousness that binds us. It's something just beneath the surface. Novelists and artists are constantly seeking it out.

What are your thoughts on the basic human condition?

It basically breaks down to pathos, logos, and ethos.

Emotions, logic, and ethics.

I think for the most part, novelists and artists are often striving to stir emotions, quite often with the agenda of supporting a particular ethical or political view.

Of course many of them may be doing it solely for the emotional aspect, both for their own emotional fulfillment as well as simply wanting to share that with others.

Some obviously do it for the money. Wink

I've been working on a book myself. I wouldn't call it a novel. It's more of an inspirational book. I would say that my motivation for writing it is solely for the purpose of wanting to share the inspiration. It's definitely not for the money because it probably won't be published until after I die anyway.

The book does support what I consider to be high ethical values too, so I supposed it addresses the ethical side of things as well. And it also contains rational justification for various concepts too, so it addresses logical concerns as well.

Not sure if I can think of anything beyond pathos, logos, and ethos, save for the cash, but like I say, I'm definitely not doing it for the money. That's not even a consideration at all.

I also write music. Again, it's probably mostly to express pathos and ethos. Definitely not for the money. I don't expect to ever gain a penny for my music.

Christian - A moron who believes that an all-benevolent God can simultaneously be a hateful jealous male-chauvinistic pig.
Wiccan - The epitome of cerebral evolution having mastered the magical powers of the universe and is in eternal harmony with the mind of God.
Atheist - An ill-defined term that means something different to everyone who uses it.
~~~~~
Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Clearly Jesus (a fictitious character or otherwise) will forgive people if they merely know not what they do
For the Bible Tells us so!