Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:06 pm

Poll: The thing I like about this image the most is....
This poll is closed.
...the dead spooks look CREEPY happy.
0%
0 0%
...I never knew that spooks had rockets embedded in their ass holes.
16.67%
2 16.67%
...its the 21st century and the unsaved heathen is holding a fire lit lantern...LOL!
25.00%
3 25.00%
...some spooks have faster ass rockets than other spooks do.
25.00%
3 25.00%
...1 Thess 4 16-18 isnt supposed to look like THIS. It's all about the coming zombie apocalypse.
8.33%
1 8.33%
...this isnt photoshopped! The rapture has already happened and we are all left behind!
16.67%
2 16.67%
... I am a true believer and look forward to rising up in the Glory!
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapture!!!
Rapture!!!
Isnt this a beautiful image? Wink

[Image: vwp9b.jpg]

http://www.raptureready.com/
RE: Rapture!!!
Where is the button for "How come those graves have souls in them?"
(March 6, 2012 at 11:56 pm)Shell B Wrote: Where is the button for "How come those graves have souls in them?"

Adventists [ at least] believe in 'the unconscious dead' (Christian mortalism)

The full Wiki article is fascinating.

Quote: Christian mortalism incorporates the belief that the human soul is not naturally immortal,[1][2][3][4][5] and the belief that the soul is uncomprehending during the time between bodily death and Judgment Day resurrection,[6][7][8][9][10] known as the Intermediate state. "Soul sleep" is an often pejorative term[11][12][13] so the more neutral term "materialism" was also used in the 19th century,[14] and "Christian mortalism" since the 1970s.[15][16][17][18][19][20][21]
Historically the term psychopannychism was also used, despite problems with the etymology[22][23] and application[24]. Some have identified a distinction between psychopannychism and thnetopsychism, for example Gordon Campbell (2008) identified Milton as believing in the latter[25] though in fact both De doctrina Christiana[26] and Paradise Lost[27] make reference to death as "sleep" and the dead being "raised from sleep". The difference is difficult to identify in practice.[28]

Quote:Modern Christian groups
Present-day defenders of mortalism include many Anglicans, such as N. T. Wright[164][165] and Nicky Gumbel,[166] some Lutherans, the Seventh-day Adventist Church, Christadelphians, the Church of God (Seventh Day), Church of God (7th day) - Salem Conference, the Church of God Abrahamic Faith, and various other Church of God organizations including most Related Denominations which adhered to the older teachings of Herbert W. Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God and the Bible Student movement.
Jehovah's Witnesses also teach a form of mortalism[167] but represent a special case. They believe that 144,000 believers began to be raised from the dead in October 1914 to receive immortality in heaven,[168] but all other believers will be raised from the dead on Judgment Day to receive eternal life on earth.[169]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_mortalism
Ah, thanks for the lesson, pad. I had no idea.
[Image: vwp9b.jpg]

Are you absolutely certain that they weren't just lighting farts?
quote='Shell B' pid='249713' dateline='1331101760']
Ah, thanks for the lesson, pad. I had no idea.
[/quote]

You're welcome.

I only discovered the concept recently,when looking up the history of the Adventists.

I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of Christians are not all there.(not just our resident dropkicks) Thinking
Soooo.... The souls are going into space?
(March 7, 2012 at 9:21 am)Tempus Wrote: Soooo.... The souls are going into space?

The bible mentions nothing about outer space. The furthest you can get is to the firmament. That solid structure in the sky called "heaven" in the book of Genesis. This firmament apparently has "windows" that god opens to cause rain.
When you ignite embalming liquids the poor sods will shoot out of the ground like creepy half white half transperant lowerbodyless rocket men
Someone needs to write a book where rapture goes horribly wrong. Imagine that 'god' and his ilk are like the blue skinned, under ground carnivores in the future like in "The Time Machine". When the souls get raptured they are devoured by the heavenly host. Apparently they cannot be harvested unless they wish ardently to give themselves to god before they die. I'd pay to see this one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camping Claims Partial Rapture! Minimalist 0 1005 May 23, 2011 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Minimalist