Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just sayin.....
Just sayin.....
[Image: 421813_263833157030212_221597424587119_5...4703_n.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Just sayin.....
Well aren't all prayers wasted anyway, regardless of your religion? XD

Prayer: The least you can do for yourself or someone else.

Literally. The least.
Apoligist answer: The prayers are affected by the earth's gravity, therefore when they travel they hug the earth's curved surface getting right where they should be..
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It must be flat how else could it be on my 2D PC screen
(March 7, 2012 at 10:20 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Well aren't all prayers wasted anyway, regardless of your religion? XD

Literally. The least.

Disagree.

The least you can do...

Is to do nothing. I'll grant you prayer is to do nothing while you think you're doing something though Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Boy I sure hope that isn't the apologists answer, because now I want those prayers measured. If gravity has an effect....then prayers have mass. Maybe it's all the prayers floating around that are holding in those nasty greenhouse gases.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's not like they can measure the direction of their forehead to the nearest millimetre anyway is it? Even if they did have their prayers affected by earth's gravity they would still be miles away.
(March 8, 2012 at 7:28 am)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(March 7, 2012 at 10:20 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Well aren't all prayers wasted anyway, regardless of your religion? XD

Literally. The least.

Disagree.

The least you can do...

Is to do nothing. I'll grant you prayer is to do nothing while you think you're doing something though Smile

Well no because then it's no longer the least, it's just...nothing. XD Least implies minimality, some token measure just above nothing. Big Grin
(March 7, 2012 at 10:51 am)Faith No More Wrote: Apoligist answer: The prayers are affected by the earth's gravity, therefore when they travel they hug the earth's curved surface getting right where they should be..

I would relish the chance to hear any apologist say something that stupid so I can rip them a new anal orifice and show how insanely stupid they really are.
(March 8, 2012 at 9:27 am)Rhythm Wrote: If gravity has an effect....then prayers have mass.
Nah, photons are affected by gravity and they have no mass. Maybe you meant that they have a measurable amount of energy. But that means they would be detectable and drum roll please.....they haven't. But maybe just maybe the Muslim apologist Ahmed Deedat would have said something along those lines but the guy died in 2005. I actually met him once, nice guy, stupid beliefs though.
(March 8, 2012 at 9:39 am)Napoleon Wrote: It's not like they can measure the direction of their forehead to the nearest millimetre anyway is it? Even if they did have their prayers affected by earth's gravity they would still be miles away.

Built in GPS Big Grin
(March 8, 2012 at 9:42 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Well no because then it's no longer the least, it's just...nothing. XD Least implies minimality, some token measure just above nothing. Big Grin

You're saying that the people who have the least amount of money... have money?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day