Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A blast from the past: Lester sumrall
A blast from the past: Lester sumrall
The video is of preacher Lester Sumrall's 1987 predictions for America. It's interesting to see how times have changed and how Fundamentalist Christianity has changed (to some degree). For example, towards the end of this video he talks in reference to a belief they had back then about how homosexuality has brought on the scourge of the Aids epidemic. Back then when Christians talked about Aids, god's, wrath and homosexuality they almost never mentioned lesbians. Other things are interesting as well.

I have a lot of fundies on my FB page. The guy who posted this video had this to say about it: "Dr. Lester Sumrall telling 7 things God told him about America... This was in 1987 and all of them have come to pass... All of them... Wake up and repent America" I of course had a lot more to say about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...zNWsq_zjDk
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This former Catholic will blast Pope OP/ED Brian37 28 6491 June 11, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The dates given by AOS for past events may actually disprove evolution entirely SavedByGraceThruFaith 216 60970 October 14, 2013 at 6:05 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Christians live in the past, atheists live in the present Airyaman 35 8781 September 29, 2013 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  In UK Islam is the Future and Christianity is the Past Muslim Scholar 82 24523 June 18, 2013 at 5:16 am
Last Post: Muslim Scholar