Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steampunk
Steampunk
I am absolutely in love with the aesthetic of steampunk. The look and the ideas behind it absolutely fascinate me. I've yet to delve into the literature that caused it (it's on my ever growing to-do list) but in the meantime I can't help but share some things.

A steampunk ipod design:

[Image: steampunk_ipod_by_otas32-d29lepf.jpg]

A functioning laptop:
[Image: datamancerlaptop-open.jpg]

Wtf why can't my computer be this cool?
[Image: M19.jpg]

A mouse...made with real mouse bones:
[Image: Mouse17.jpg]

An etch-a-sketch?!
[Image: oxMAY.jpg]

And I wouldn't be me if I didn't include Steampunk Star Wars. Tell me this shit isn't cool:

I've been thinking today about what a Steampunk botanist would dress like and carry.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Steampunk
I love this. I have been doodling some steampunk fashions because they seem to be really popular on my fashion game site. This is just the inspiration I needed.

[Image: steampunk_lightsaber.jpg]
Steam punk lightsaber

I like Steampunk stuff as well.
Also, if you like steampunk, you should love Bioshock

[Image: 401569-bioshock_cover_edited_large.jpg]
[Image: steampunk-dwarf.jpg]
Steampunk Dwarf
I have a whole folder semi-dedicated to steampunk-y and victorian style stuff. I'm building it up for when I start developing a game with a similar aesthetic.

(March 14, 2012 at 9:15 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: And I wouldn't be me if I didn't include Steampunk Star Wars. Tell me this shit isn't cool:

Steampunk Star Wars? (dig, dig, dig...) found it:

[Image: LordVader.jpg]

(March 14, 2012 at 9:15 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I've been thinking today about what a Steampunk botanist would dress like and carry.

Like this? Big Grin

[Image: steampunk_by_ilona_nelapsi-d3daoc6.jpg]
That is awesome.

Yeah, I don't know about the stripes, but maybe after I finish poking around for stuff I like and the things I think I'd need, I'll have Alei sketch it out. Big Grin Those stockings wouldn't last a minute in the woods, btw, but I am all over some corset action and some goofy ass goggles with magnifiers and all that.

DeviantArt is such an awesome resource for clothing and jewelry and designs.
Summer, you could wear striped leggings and get the same effect without the tearing action.
That's true, but I'm really just not a fan of stripes.
I like the steampunk aesthetic, but it makes me angry when someone is "sticking cogs" to something makes it steampunk.

Gluing cogs to stuff =/= steampunk

Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Well, you'll have lazies in every genre.
Shredded or bow-tied leggings would look good.