Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suddenly I see..
Suddenly I see..
I remember it as if it were yesterday.

I was 10 years old and had always been told about God, Jesus etc. but always had trouble understanding why there were so many horrible people in the word and in particular, why there were so many starving people in Africa.

And then an idea popped into my head. It was a radical notion and to start with I tried to reject it because I thought it might offend God. After a while I dared myself to think it. My notion was..

There is no God.

At least, not the one that everyone kept talking about. Suddenly, all the problems I had with the way the world works and why things happen made sense and everything fell into place.

I still have a billion questions and many wild theories but at least now I'm not afraid to ask, what if?
RE: Suddenly I see..
(September 9, 2008 at 2:03 pm)Leafmold Wrote: I remember it as if it were yesterday.

I was 10 years old and had always been told about God, Jesus etc. but always had trouble understanding why there were so many horrible people in the word and in particular, why there were so many starving people in Africa.

And then an idea popped into my head. It was a radical notion and to start with I tried to reject it because I thought it might offend God. After a while I dared myself to think it. My notion was..

There is no God.

At least, not the one that everyone kept talking about. Suddenly, all the problems I had with the way the world works and why things happen made sense and everything fell into place.

I still have a billion questions and many wild theories but at least now I'm not afraid to ask, what if?

Looks like you've taken those important steps of knowledge.

One of many reasons why I'm not religious is because there is no knowledge to be had. All they ever tell you is "Don't question".

When you do question all those answers just appear right before you. God was never the answer.

Glad to see you opening your eyes to reality. A world without god, hell heaven, devil or any superstitious non-sense.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To see with one eye, to dream with the other Einharjar 0 807 October 23, 2013 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Einharjar