Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post number 1
Post number 1
I came here looking to bring clarity and understanding to those interested in Christianity. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

RE: Post number 1
ANOTHER ONE!!!!

It's getting more crowded with the religious here than it is with atheists.

Meh, here's hoping you don't just preach at us.

Welcome
(March 18, 2012 at 6:35 pm)Drich Wrote: I came here looking to bring clarity and understanding to those interested in Christianity. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I have no questions to ask, it's a fucking atheist forum.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(March 18, 2012 at 6:37 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: I have no questions to ask, it's a fucking atheist forum.

No need to be a complete jackass right from the outset. You don't know whether he's the nutjob type or the reasonable type yet.
(March 18, 2012 at 6:35 pm)Drich Wrote: I came here looking to bring clarity and understanding to those interested in Christianity. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Not interested in religion at all. Religion is for those who are afraid of the dark and those who lack the ability to use reason.

But welcome to the forums. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
You're kidding me right?

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

We understand fully. No help required. Smile
Welcome aboard, but don't bother with all that clarity and understanding stuff, at least as far as I'm concerned. I'm in neither the market nor the mood for it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 18, 2012 at 6:40 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: You're kidding me right?

Uh no? As angry as I get (even with the influx of nutters lately) I still think it's a good idea to be respectable until they give you a good reason to be disrespectful.

Once they do that then fire away.
If you all believe in the same God then why is there no single denomination of Christianity?