Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marmageddon!
Marmageddon!
New Zealand is running out!
RE: Marmageddon!
This is the first time I have ever heard of Marmite.

I'm shocked; both at the news story and at the thought that you never heard of Marmite. You really are missing a whole world of experience.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I had heard of it, but always thought it sounded vile.
(March 19, 2012 at 1:36 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I had heard of it, but always thought it sounded vile.

It is Kiwi fuel. The country virtually runs on it.
It is an acquired taste. I never managed to acquire it! The herbal taste and saltiness are a tad too strong for my sensitive taste buds as they aren't regularly anaesthethized with alcohol.
Sounds wretched. I was hoping it would be like Nutella. It looks like apple butter.

(March 19, 2012 at 1:54 am)aleialoura Wrote: Sounds wretched. I was hoping it would be like Nutella. It looks like apple butter.

Indeed it does!
It's time for them to learn the joys of the Egg McMuffin!

Oh that's ok...we have plenty of Marmite, Vegemite, and Promite here in oz.... enough to spare for our cuzzies Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 19, 2012 at 2:05 am)Minimalist Wrote: It's time for them to learn the joys of the Egg McMuffin!

They are waaay ahead of you, Min!

[Image: McDonaldsKiwiBrekkieMcMuffin.jpg]