Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leap years.

The Mayans didn't account for them. Caesar implemented them long after the Mayan Calendar.

"Their" 2012 should've happened about nine months ago or so.
RE: 2012
(March 21, 2012 at 10:31 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Leap years.

The Mayans didn't account for them. Caesar implemented them long after the Mayan Calendar.

"Their" 2012 should've happened about nine months ago or so.

LIEZ I R STLLZ AlIVEZ? 2012 IZ RAELZ AAAAaaaaGH.
I believe the Mayan Calendar already accounted for leap years or more precisely, had no need of one, their year was more accurate than the gregorian one.
I believe the date is still accurate.

Either way, 21/12/2012 is simply the end of (one of) their calendars, which would refresh back to zero and start again. They make no inference that the world ends, merely the calender goes back to zero, in the same way a clock ends at 23:59 each day and starts again.

People love to spread fear.

EDIT: Blow me, when did spelling Calendar get so hard.. I'm going senile.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Just so you know ...

The world is not ending in 2012. It doesn't matter if the Mayans accounted for Leap years or not. It is inconsequential.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(March 21, 2012 at 10:39 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: I believe the Mayan Calendar already accounted for leap years or more precisely, had no need of one, their year was more accurate than the gregorian one.
I believe the date is still accurate.

Either way, 21/12/2012 is simply the end of (one of) their calendars, which would refresh back to zero and start again. They make no inference that the world ends, merely the calender goes back to zero, in the same way a clock ends at 23:59 each day and starts again.

People love to spread fear.

EDIT: Blow me, when did spelling Calendar get so hard.. I'm going senile.

...Well now I feel silly. XD
(March 21, 2012 at 10:47 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: ...Well now I feel silly. XD

At least you can spell Calendar reliably..... Sad
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
*laughs* Well, whenever anyone brings up the point of "the end of the world in 2012," I point to the one thing that MIGHT signal that it's true: Snookie is going to have a baby close to that date.

BUT, on the other hand...the Mayans didn't do too good a job predicting their own empire's demise, so... *laughs*
(March 21, 2012 at 11:19 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Snookie is going to have a baby close to that date.

Abandon your posts! Flee, flee for your lives!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLpPAz0tz98
Cunt
I don't blame those Mayans for quitting their calendar-making jobs after carving out the next 2500+ years on stones. Why did they have to make the end of the world this year though.. far out! Could have carved out a couple more at least. Slack.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
I love the jump from. Calendar runs out of days therefor there are no days left "were all gunna die!" Flip the fucking calendar over!! I don't have a panic attack every December.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CNN reports on Iran attacking the United States with Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Thunderlips 12 1077 October 2, 2023 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Question [Serious] CNN reports on Iran attacking the United States with Hurricane Sandy in 2012. Thunderlips 0 507 October 2, 2023 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Thunderlips
  2017 is the new 2012 Tea Earl Grey Hot 29 7417 May 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  For our 2012'ers KichigaiNeko 9 3990 December 21, 2012 at 8:48 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  World will not end in 2012, according to 9th-century Mayan calendar Ryft 11 5583 June 17, 2012 at 8:35 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  2012 Mal Kiever 30 5583 November 13, 2011 at 10:08 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  2012 - Any projections on cult and kool-aid lilyannerose 45 17093 June 1, 2011 at 4:41 am
Last Post: BethK