Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Speculation...
Just Speculation...
Does anyone ever wonder if Christianity started the same way Pastafarianism did? You know, two Jews sitting around some bar drunk off their asses talking about the overly strict or overly apocalyptic sects that had cropped up and suddenly they're like, "No no, seriously, dude. Bro, listen. This guy, he'll be born to a virgin (sh, sh, I'm serious, stop laughing, I know you'd plough her)..."

How do YOU think the conversation went?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Just Speculation...
What is pastafarianism?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Well they were either at a bar, or on some kind of mind altering hallucinogenic drug.
(March 22, 2012 at 1:08 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Oh. It makes not much sense, though.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
No religion makes "sense" Mehmet. Religion is not about "sense."
It's not supposed to Mehmet - it's a joke. Which is why I was asking, because Christianity doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.
I envision it something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_mPrhwpZ-8
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

(March 22, 2012 at 1:20 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: It's not supposed to Mehmet - it's a joke. Which is why I was asking, because Christianity doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

The other religions are a joke too. It's just taking people way to long to get it.

There is actually a theory about Paul that essentially says that Paul was struggling with the Old Testament law, he was the Pharisee of the Pharisees as the story goes (also don't forget the Old Testament law is just about impossible to abide by which keeps everyone in sin and therefore in need of the church). Anyways, Paul saw in the figure of Jesus a way to break the Old Testament law and establish a new doctrine allowing him to be free of the bane of Mosaic law. Paul also utilised this to elevate himself and become "evangelical", a way to gain power over others using this new doctrine. Interesting theory.
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"All thinking men are atheists." -Ernest Hemmingway

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -Voltaire
I imagine it had a lot to do with politics and personal preference.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2151 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity