Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the harm?
What's the harm?
I'm sure we've heard it all before, even if our religion is false, even if alternative medicine doesn't work, what is the harm? No harm, no foul, right?

Well check out this website, and you will know why.

http://whatstheharm.net/index.html
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: What's the harm?
Shit.... not good. Not good at all. Didn't knew it was that bad accutally.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
http://www.edwinkagin.com/columns/americ...igious.htm
(May 22, 2009 at 7:41 pm)leo-rcc Wrote: Well check out this website, and you will know why.

Yeah, someone posted a link to that before (not sure where) but very interesting.

LRH: I think you revel in the idea of a possible war with theists ... I'm not trying to be funny, or even over-personal, but people who advance/support that kind of idea are as twisted as the wingnuts.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Or maybe those who see a future of peaceful, free co-existance with theists are as deluded as they are? Hmmm?
(May 23, 2009 at 7:32 am)lrh9 Wrote: Or maybe those who see a future of peaceful, free co-existance with theists are as deluded as they are? Hmmm?

I'm not saying it's not possible but I pretty much stand by my comment ... your kind of stance is fucking pointless, worse it lowers us to their level!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Interesting... I read one of those stories in the newspaper.

At the very least, Christians could at least seek medical advice while praying, rather than waiting for their prayers to work.
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
Indeed!! If only!

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camping: What's the Harm? thesummerqueen 23 4104 May 24, 2011 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Napoléon