Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freewill
Freewill
I think people are taking the meaning of freewill out of context. Freewill was not meant to be free as in free from everything (no strings attached). It is indeed meant to be a voluntary sacrifice (Lev. 22:23; Ezra 3:5). My definition of freewill is to accept Jesus as my personal saviour and continue to do whatever is permitted from the teachings of the Bible.
RE: Freewill
free will
noun
free and independent choice; voluntary decision: You took on the responsibility of your own free will.
If there are strings attached it is not freewill
(March 24, 2012 at 9:17 pm)Christian Wrote: I think people are taking the meaning of freewill out of context. Freewill was not meant to be free as in free from everything (no strings attached). It is indeed meant to be a voluntary sacrifice (Lev. 22:23; Ezra 3:5). My definition of freewill is to accept Jesus as my personal saviour and continue to do whatever is permitted from the teachings of the Bible.

Lol, utter BS.
"You have free will, you're allowed to do the things that I say are okay as much as you want."

Does your god not have a plan? Is he omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent?

(March 24, 2012 at 9:17 pm)Christian Wrote: I think people are taking the meaning of freewill out of context. Freewill was not meant to be free as in free from everything (no strings attached). It is indeed meant to be a voluntary sacrifice (Lev. 22:23; Ezra 3:5). My definition of freewill is to accept Jesus as my personal saviour and continue to do whatever is permitted from the teachings of the Bible.

LOL!

Freewill has strings attached so it really should be called conditionalwill? You really are an idiot you know. Just don't rub off on Forsaken ok?
Can't one week go by without another 'exciting' debate about freewill?

I'm so free I have to pay my bills, continually go shopping, join the rat race and commute in and out to a job that I hate, but somebody's gotta do it. >.>

Freewill is a misnomer.
Christian Wrote:My definition of freewill is to accept Jesus as my personal saviour and continue to do whatever is permitted from the teachings of the Bible.
Your free will has been taken away by ancient societies who used their free will to rip off the Heracles/Zeus myth.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
It wasn't "taken" away. He threw it away for a bunch of iron age fairy tales.
(March 24, 2012 at 11:20 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It wasn't "taken" away. He threw it away for a bunch of iron age fairy tales.

Think about it. For whatever reason they had back then, they have effectively changed billions of lives over the centuries because of their copy + pasting. Crusades for example wouldn't of happened.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Humans Have Freewill in Heaven? Rhondazvous 230 34988 July 21, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Metis
  Is there freewill? Lemonvariable72 32 4652 September 16, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger