Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New JNE eBook
New JNE eBook
Just found out that Kenneth Humphries has put together the first of a series of ebooks to accompany his excellent Jesus Never Existed. Entitled "The Birthing of a Godman - Unbelievable in Every Word", it's available in ePub and MobiPocket Reader formats at the end of this link:

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/book.html

The best bit? It's free!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: New JNE eBook
I'm glad to see that Ken's been busy. The JNE forum has just died.
Any description of the book?
Yes, it's sad to see the old place empty like that. I do check in on occasion but there's been no real activity for ages. I'd hate to see it go under like the others.
(March 24, 2012 at 10:39 pm)Phil Wrote: Any description of the book?

Not as far as I can see on the site itself. However this is from the preface:

Quote:The fabricated saviour of the world has been deconstructed by many authors, not least of all the present one (http://www.jesusneverexisted.com). The serpentine and protracted process by which a godman was assembled, given a brief life, mighty deeds, words of wisdom, and a protracted death, is quite fascinating. But history is rarely reducible to a pageant that will amuse but not tax the minds of children and delight the simple-minded.

In the introduction which follows, the nonsense of “prophecy fulfilled”, a “star in the east” and “royal genealogy” is exposed in forensic detail. The nativity tale was a preamble, added late in the day, to a more primitive story of the ministry and passion of a Son of God, Jesus Christ, the self-sacrificing deity who “died for our sins”.

And if the nativity is recognized as an elaborate lie, what does that say about the story tellers? What confidence does that give to the rest of the fabulous story?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JNE resurrected Cyberman 10 3739 June 17, 2012 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist