Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing from ISO image??? HELLLLPP???
Installing from ISO image??? HELLLLPP???
I have these games which came in ISO format.

I have downloaded Daemon lite. (Win7 compatible version)

I add an image,right click on 'mount' and a system task list pops. None of the tasks (share with,import to my computer etc) seem to appropriate: I've tried a whole bunch. The instruction with the files say " mount, install,play"

That's what I want to do,but am lost.
RE: Installing from ISO image??? HELLLLPP???
Daemon Tools creates a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive. You should be able to access the ISO's contents the same way you do with a physical disc. Once it's mounted on the virtual drive go to My Computer (or wherever you view the drives on Win7) and find the virtual drive. Then double click on it and find the installer/launcher for the game.
Or you could burn the ISO image to a CD or DVD & install from there.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Once you mount the ISO, you should see it as an extra virtual CD-ROM drive on my computer Pad.
(April 8, 2012 at 4:45 am)padraic Wrote: I have these games which came in ISO format.

I have downloaded Daemon lite. (Win7 compatible version)

I add an image,right click on 'mount' and a system task list pops. None of the tasks (share with,import to my computer etc) seem to appropriate: I've tried a whole bunch. The instruction with the files say " mount, install,play"

That's what I want to do,but am lost.

Then that's what you should do, friend.
Mount, and play. But before that, you should create the drivers.
If you did not create any drivers, than it is not possible for you to mount the iso file on it.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(April 8, 2012 at 8:29 am)Tempus Wrote: Daemon Tools creates a virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive. You should be able to access the ISO's contents the same way you do with a physical disc. Once it's mounted on the virtual drive go to My Computer (or wherever you view the drives on Win7) and find the virtual drive. Then double click on it and find the installer/launcher for the game.

I've done that.The set up shows as series of MEDIA FILES files, 'click' and 'launch' are WAV files.I cannot open them. I followed a tutorial to mount them.

I have tried burning without success,but will try again.
There should be some form of installation, or it might be set up so that you copy/paste them into a directory. I'm assuming this is an acquired game in which case there is typically some sort of instructions.
Also, if Daemon Tools isn't working for you, UltraISO is a good lightweight ISO mounter as well.
(April 12, 2012 at 6:28 am)Mosrhun Wrote: There should be some form of installation, or it might be set up so that you copy/paste them into a directory. I'm assuming this is an acquired game in which case there is typically some sort of instructions.
Also, if Daemon Tools isn't working for you, UltraISO is a good lightweight ISO mounter as well.

Thanks, I'll get that if I can.

PS the instructions were ;mount.install ,play.
(April 13, 2012 at 5:26 am)padraic Wrote: PS the instructions were ;mount.install ,play.

Mount the iso and then open the "disc" from My Computer and screenshot the contents so I can see.
Best way is to install WinRAR, extract the contents of the ISO using WinRAR to a folder and install from the setup.exe or setup.msi file found in the folder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does Installing LoL lag my computer? Edwardo Piet 9 1135 October 30, 2015 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Chad32