Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrogance
Arrogance
Just wanted to share with you guys a little snippet quote from another religious forum I debate back and forth on every now and then. Topic is on (Heaven / Hell)

This was their reply:

Quote:By grace are you saved thru faith WHICH IS THE GIFT OF GOD". Saving faith is the gift of God. It is not something you just believe with your head or that you can just decide to do whenever you choose to do it. "unless the Spirit draws a man he cannot be saved". "The Spirit will not always strive with man". When the Holy Spirit comes and convicts a man of his sin and need of a Saviour that is a gift. We don't know how many times that will happen in a person's life before he has what we called sinned away (rejected) his day of grace. Only God knows that. There is only one unpardonable sin according to Scripture and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is that final rejection (again we don't know when that is in any man's life) of the prompting of the Holy Spirit to believe in and take the gift of salvation offered by the Holy Spirit. It is like saying for the final time to the Holy Spirit, "You are lying and I refuse to believe what you are saying." Blasphemy.

When I replied back to this person, I also made to point out on parts of why other denominations and non look at Christians as being so GD arrogant...... Their reply back to me was exactly this:

Quote:Simply telling you what Scripture says. I didn't write it.

If any of you have ever tried to think up as many examples on the lack of responsibility that so many Christians portray in life on this planet, the above is a good starting example of; telling people how it is, but when confronted, simply saying, "I didn't write it"..... Or, "Hey, that's not me, ask God"......

How nice of a scapegoat it must be to live your life like that...
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
RE: Arrogance
Religious people, and I'm mainly refering to those who are fundamentalist or strong believers, need to be confronted. Also they shouldn't be let to escape as they do by saying, as you say, taking an scapegoat.

There should be atheist Gordon Ramsey who could confront themTongue
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
All I can say is 'Jesus Fucking Christ'.
Oh it got worse as the back and forth went on. They started trying to compare "Mans Laws" in our court rooms, to the scripture in the Bible and blah blah blah. I've heard it all from inbreds such as them.

As always, when they get backed into a corner, the "Faith Card" creeps it's ugly head out. Again, not taking responsibility and standing beside, their own actions and words.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The arrogance of modesty BrokenQuill92 15 2675 May 2, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The supreme arrogance of religious thinking little_monkey 38 17348 October 17, 2010 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The arrogance of theists Darwinian 10 4149 September 8, 2009 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: fr0d0