Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interviewing a creationist (painful)
i realize that maybe everyone here has watched this video at one point or another, but another thread i've read today just made me think of it.

this video gives me the chills. the lady's facial expression and condescending tone just drives me crazy, not to mention her total ignorance. not knowing facts is not as bad as imitating looking for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjoEgYOgRo
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
RE: interviewing a creationist (painful)
Deadpan I watched about 58 seconds. I turned it off after she mentioned some bullshit about being created with love.
I gave up watching when she said that the scientific community isn't open minded.
(April 28, 2012 at 4:16 pm)tobie Wrote: I gave up watching when she said that the scientific community isn't open minded.

I know. Pot/kettle much.
and there are 7 parts to this video, all about 10 minutes long. how in the hell did he manage to stay there and continue to speak to her, when after 2 minutes, i'm loading my revolver and dipping the barrel in honey, so i enjoy the taste of it.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
The minute I saw the thread title I knew it would be Wendy Wright.
Thanks, but I don't need that much stupid in my head.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Oooh, this woman is horrible! I sort of started to think of this particular character:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQxqNBXy...ure=fvwrel
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I watched that video sometime ago and though the creationist was terrible in her answers, Dawkins fared no better. He kept pointing her to go to a museum, as if they are an authority on origins, to see the supposed evidence for evolution.

All museums have are nice little displays but nothing that shows the process in action, the transformation in action, or that the process of evolution actually exists.

Museums are filled with conjecture, assumptions, wishful thinking not fact nor evidence.

Please capture this so called process and put it in a test tube like you want to do with God.

Remember science and museums are not an authority and do not have a say in what took place at creation. They were not there and are not an eye-witness. In fact their supposed observations are thousands of years after the fact and mean nothing.
DeeTee Wrote:Remember science and museums are not an authority...

I want you to remember this next time you need to see a doctor.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 4, 2012 at 5:04 pm)DeeTee Wrote: I watched that video sometime ago and though the creationist was terrible in her answers, Dawkins fared no better. He kept pointing her to go to a museum, as if they are an authority on origins, to see the supposed evidence for evolution.

All museums have are nice little displays but nothing that shows the process in action, the transformation in action, or that the process of evolution actually exists.

Museums are filled with conjecture, assumptions, wishful thinking not fact nor evidence.

Please capture this so called process and put it in a test tube like you want to do with God.

Remember science and museums are not an authority and do not have a say in what took place at creation. They were not there and are not an eye-witness. In fact their supposed observations are thousands of years after the fact and mean nothing.

Yet somehow you know exactly what happened at creation. The canaanites who wrote the Torah were not around at any proposed "time of creation" so by your thinking, the account of creation in genesis is incorrect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another one flying in the faces of creationist - Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens had sex abaris 8 1544 June 23, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Creationist Vs Scientist On Why Human Intelligence Is Declining Gooders1002 0 1164 March 29, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model Michael Schubert 33 10051 July 20, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. justin 74 22619 April 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf