Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model
Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model
Creationism, as all rational human beings know, is a global scam just like Scientology or the dumb conspiracy theories about John Kennedy's assassination. It is also an elaborately-disguised attempt by the Christian Dominionist Church to bring religion into public schools, which is largely illegal.

Essentially, what creationists do is say "this all looks like creation, therefore it all had to have a creator", which is entirely inconsistent with the Scientific Method. That is, the idea that everything requires a creator is not based on any empirical and eclectic research, it is simply a shot in the dark about the origins of life. Ray Comfort (aka the Banana Man) does this all of the time. On one occasion, he asserted the banana is direct evidence of god's creation because it is made perfectly to fit in your hand, and fits perfectly in your mouth. Little did Mr. Comfort know that today's yellow banana is an evolved hybrid of bananas originally grown in Japan and New Zealand. Comfort apologized for his mistake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfucpGCm5hY
The biggest falsehood behind the creationism idea: Not everything in nature is intelligently designed. For example, hold up two objects: a painting and a tree. We know through evidence that a painting is made by an intelligent mind. There is no possible way that a painting can occur naturally. A tree, on the other hand, does grow naturally. It begins as a seed or an acorn, and grows naturally with the help of nutrients from water.

Here is another myth perpetuated about evolution that creationists promulgate:

I believe in a Creator.
I don't believe that we are simply some accidents of nature.

Evolution, as I have said many times, is not accidental. Every step of the evolutionary process is built upon the previous. Human beings start off as archipelagos of sperm cells that join with a female's egg cells, and it then grows into a fertilized egg, and then you are born as a baby and you evolve into an adult. Creationists say that humans are somehow made perfect in God's image. Well, that is also objectively false. From the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment (a period of well over two centuries) to today, an intelligent mind has never once created an organism. If you have evidence of this, please bring it forward.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQZ4f9f_...0A&index=1

Creationists also do not realize they are attacking medical science when they cast doubt on evolution. Medical Science is derived from Evolutionary Science. Evolutionary Science says that all organisms start off as a smaller, simpler life form and with time naturally evolve into a larger, more complex life form. Medical scientists develop vaccines that kill a virus's cells before it can evolve into a larger, more complex life form. If the theory of evolution is not true, then why are there vaccines that work?

Listen to reason and science. It will help you think critically, and you will not be misled by irrational superstitions.
RE: Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model
Nah, I think I'll keep my tinfoil hat on. (you do know that JFK was assasinated, don't you?)

While you're at it though, what other conspiracy theories do you wish to debunk or ridicule?
(July 8, 2013 at 4:37 am)catfish Wrote: Nah, I think I'll keep my tinfoil hat on. (you do know that JFK was assasinated, don't you?)

Yes, JFK was assassinated, but his assailant was not Richard Nixon, the CIA, or the Canadian Mafia, as some would lead you to believe.
So, speaking of creationists, what other conspiracies about/in the Bible are you aware of?
Cat... behave!

(July 8, 2013 at 4:09 am)Michael Schubert Wrote: Evolution, as I have said many times, is not accidental.

Michael stats:

hmmmmmmm.... google says this is the only occurrence... mind elucidating us as to what these "many times" mean... in your life?

Mind you, I think you're right in trying to debunk the creationists... but they are one stubborn folk.
He has something to say, I want to hear it... I know of at least three conspiracies that are in the Bible that are about the Bible.
(July 8, 2013 at 5:02 am)catfish Wrote: He has something to say, I want to hear it... I know of at least three conspiracies that are in the Bible that are about the Bible.

Well, how about you create a new thread exposing those?
I was under the impression that this thread was about exposing the creationist agenda/propaganda... like it says in the title.
My borrowed line > "From the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment (a period of well over two centuries) to today (or ever), a non-living piece of matter (or conglomeration of matter) has never once created an organism. If you have evidence of this, please bring it forward."

(July 8, 2013 at 5:15 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 5:02 am)catfish Wrote: He has something to say, I want to hear it... I know of at least three conspiracies that are in the Bible that are about the Bible.

Well, how about you create a new thread exposing those?
I was under the impression that this thread was about exposing the creationist agenda/propaganda... like it says in the title.

Really? I'm a creationist, but not a "Young Earth Creationist".
So which propaganda is he exposing? I have no dispute with evolution, just the origin of life. His entire premise is a strawman... Undecided

He's not arguing the origin of life though, is he? No, he's attacking creationism with his opening line...
"Creationism, as all rational human beings know, is a global scam just like Scientology or the dumb conspiracy theories about John Kennedy's assassination"
(July 8, 2013 at 5:16 am)catfish Wrote: My borrowed line > "From the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment (a period of well over two centuries) to today (or ever), a non-living piece of matter (or conglomeration of matter) has never once created an organism. If you have evidence of this, please bring it forward."
Really? You're going with our present inability to produce a simple living organism from building blocks?

I'll let you do an experiment: take a piece of dirty clothing... throw it in a corner... wait a few months... you'll see life sprouting from it! Tongue

Just messing! Wink

So yes, mankind hasn't managed to create life from lifelessness... but we've found hints as to how that could happen...
goddidit is not a valid hint....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...151856.htm

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/06/tpna/

besides, why would the guy just create the spark and then see how it evolves? Why don't we see new animals/plants being spontaneously created by this god, nowadays?
What's the deal with dinosaurs? And trilobytes?

(July 8, 2013 at 5:16 am)catfish Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 5:15 am)pocaracas Wrote: Well, how about you create a new thread exposing those?

Really? I'm a creationist, but not a "Young Earth Creationist".
So which propaganda is he exposing? I have no dispute with evolution, just the origin of life. His entire premise is a strawman... Undecided

He's not arguing the origin of life though, is he? No, he's attacking creationism with his opening line...
"Creationism, as all rational human beings know, is a global scam just like Scientology or the dumb conspiracy theories about John Kennedy's assassination"

Yes, he is... and you then want him to examine other conspiracy theories... why? Let's stay on the topic of creationism... and do note that he mentioned Ray, so I'm guessing he's going after YECs in particular.
(July 8, 2013 at 5:39 am)pocaracas Wrote: Yes, he is... and you then want him to examine other conspiracy theories... why? Let's stay on the topic of creationism... and do note that he mentioned Ray, so I'm guessing he's going after YECs in particular.

Exactly, and to attack a YEC, you use the Bible, right?
I'll start with one that attacks directly their "rationalization" of how they come up with the 6,000 year figure...

1 Timothy 1:3-5 (NIV)

3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another one flying in the faces of creationist - Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens had sex abaris 8 1544 June 23, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Creationist Vs Scientist On Why Human Intelligence Is Declining Gooders1002 0 1164 March 29, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. justin 74 22620 April 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  interviewing a creationist (painful) jackman 26 11719 June 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: liam