Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian belief analised by cognitive science.
Tongue 
Christian belief analised by cognitive science.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNjnD7QMB...ture=g-u-u

Thinking
RE: Christian belief analised by cognitive science.
"Certainty is a confession of ignorance about our ability to be passionately mistaken."

Words to live by.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I think you meant "analysed".

But that's OK, this works better.

ROFLOL
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Haha, I love that they used the Philosoraptor meme. Interesting video as well.
[Image: 11445389.jpg]
Great Video and very thought provoking
(May 11, 2012 at 8:28 am)Faith No More Wrote: "Certainty is a confession of ignorance about our ability to be passionately mistaken."

Words to live by.
That's my signature from now on.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Recently found out that my mother seriously believes the whole bread and wine turning into the body and and blood of Christ thing despite knowing this provably does not happen.
Fantastic.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I'm going to be taking a Psychology of Religion course next semester and I'll be glad to share what I learn with you all.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7792 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Interesting article on the science of belief Epimethean 1 1483 July 1, 2011 at 2:05 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4283 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe
  Christian Science. Darwinian 9 2484 July 17, 2010 at 10:54 am
Last Post: The Omnissiunt One