Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Science.
Christian Science.

[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Christian Science.
Christian science,

the ultimate oxymoron.

[attachment=354]
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Is this for real ??? That book actually exists ?
[Image: pPQu8.png]
Thats pretty fucking crazy, I'd agree. But then, if someone believes that the Earth is only 6000 years old, and Evolutionary theory is the work of satan...what else are they liable to believe in?
He who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
Mikhail Bakunin

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything
Friedrich Nietzsche
Christian Science=/=Real Science. They call it science, yet they don't do much involving science like hypothesizing, observing, testing, theorizing etc. Why not? Because they don't have anything to observe, or to test etc. All they do is make ideas, and attempt to head towards fact, which we all know that it's not science. It's nonsense.
I'm not one for burning books.... but this one earns its spot in the smores heater
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
I find it very interesting how 'christian science' is essentially concepts stolen from actual science textbooks minus any reference to all the people, places, and things relevant to how these concepts actually work or where they come from.

Like electricity: It exists somehow! Humans don't understand this strange thing that somehow comes forth from somewhere. Isn't that cool? God must be in there somewhere.
Geez,that is either one really ugly girl,or a young boy with a few issues.Thinking
(July 17, 2010 at 4:26 am)padraic Wrote: Geez,that is either one really ugly girl,or a young boy with a few issues.Thinking

Shock Don't be so hard on it!
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
(July 17, 2010 at 4:26 am)padraic Wrote: Geez,that is either one really ugly girl,or a young boy with a few issues.Thinking

Finding out that evolution is real drove him mad, and he turned to transvestitism. It's a common occurrence among fundamentalist Christians. Take Sarah Palin, for instance. That's definitely a wig she's wearing. And those are definitely tennis balls under her dress. Look closely, they are. Once this secret's revealed, her chances of becoming Republican candidate are going to be over.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7791 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
Tongue Christian belief analised by cognitive science. LastPoet 7 2757 May 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4283 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe