Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Quran the proof of God?
Is Quran the proof of God?
I have been given this reason by a muslim that god exists.

Number of times the word "Moon" appears in the Qur’an = 27
Time it takes the Moon to travel round the Earth (in days) = 27

Number of times the word “land” appears in the Qur’an = 13
Number of times the word “sea” appears in the Qur’an = 32
Proportion of dry land to sea covering the Earth = 13/45 = 29%
Proportion of sea to dry land on Earth = 32/45 = 71%

The star Sirius appears in the Surah called an-Najm, meaning “Star.” The stars comprising Sirius approach one another in their courses once every 49.9 years. This astronomic phenomenon is indicated in verses 49 and 9 of Surat an-Najm.

Al-Hadid is the 57th Surah of the Qur’an, and the numerical value of the words al-Hadid is also 57.
The value of the word "hadid" alone is 26, and this is also the atomic number of iron.

The word “day (yavm)" appears 365 times in the Qur’an.
It takes the Earth 365 days to orbit the Sun.

The words “man” and “woman” both appear 23 times in the Qur’an.
The 23rd chromosome is the main element that determines an individual’s gender.

Verse 19:57 of the Qur’an speaks of “raising to a high place.”
"Sputnik 1," the first unmanned satellite, was launched in 1957.

Surat an-Nahl, meaning “Bee,” is the 16th Surah.
The bee has 16 chromosomes.

This proves that Quran is the word of God.
I haven't read Quran myself to refute these arguments. Any advises?
RE: Is Quran the proof of God?
There are 6346 hairs on my dog's ass, and there are 6346 verses in the Quran. Does that prove my dog wrote the Quran?
Some random coincidences do not constitute a proof.
(May 12, 2012 at 10:12 am)jain.rahul Wrote: I have been given this reason by a muslim that god exists.

Number of times the word "Moon" appears in the Qur’an = 27

Number of times the word “land” appears in the Qur’an = 13
Proportion of dry land to sea covering the Earth = 13/45 = 29%

The star Sirius appears in the Surah called an-Najm, meaning “Star.” The stars comprising Sirius approach one another in their courses once every 49.9 years. This astronomic phenomenon is indicated in verses 49 and 9 of Surat an-Najm.

Al-Hadid is the 57th Surah of the Qur’an, and the numerical value of the words al-Hadid is also 57.
The value of the word "hadid" alone is 26, and this is also the atomic number of iron.

The word “day (yavm)" appears 365 times in the Qur’an.
It takes the Earth 365 days to orbit the Sun.

The words “man” and “woman” both appear 23 times in the Qur’an.
The 23rd chromosome is the main element that determines an individual’s gender.

Verse 19:57 of the Qur’an speaks of “raising to a high place.”

Unless the Quran actually said the second parts of that every argument - its just contrived bullshit.
How many words in the Qu'ran are counted to a number that can't be linked to some mild reference to the original word.

Oh... most of them.

*yawn*
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(May 12, 2012 at 10:12 am)jain.rahul Wrote: Number of times the word "Moon" appears in the Qur’an = 27
In a sidereal month the time it takes for the moon make one complete orbit with respect to the fixed stars, is about 27.3 days. Is there a 0.3 of a word for moon in the Quran?

In a synodic month the time it takes for the moon make one complete orbit with respect to the line joining the Sun and Earth, may range from about 29.18 to about 29.93 days, because of perturbations in the orbits of the Earth and Moon.

Quote:Number of times the word “land” appears in the Qur’an = 13
No one cares.

Quote:Proportion of dry land to sea covering the Earth = 13/45 = 29%
Citation please. I want to know where you got that land to water ratio on Earth's surface from.

Quote:The star Sirius appears in the Surah called an-Najm, meaning “Star.” The stars comprising Sirius approach one another in their courses once every 49.9 years. This astronomic phenomenon is indicated in verses 49 and 9 of Surat an-Najm.
Sirius is actually a binary star system (not that the Quran ever demonstrates any actual knowledge of what a star actually is). Which one are you referring to in any case? Sirius A or Sirius B?

Quote:Al-Hadid is the 57th Surah of the Qur’an, and the numerical value of the words al-Hadid is also 57.
I losing patience here. Iron (element) is not proof of god.

Hey did you know the word count of your post is 261? That must prove a god exists!

Quote:I haven't read Quran myself to refute these arguments.
What arguments?

Where did you get this information from then if you didn't do the research yourself? Citations please!
Quote:I haven't read Quran myself

Don't. It's as big a pile of shit as the bible.
(May 12, 2012 at 10:12 am)jain.rahul Wrote: Verse 19:57 of the Qur’an speaks of “raising to a high place.”

That's definitely enough evidence for me. Where do I sign up so I can start killing people that don't believe this?
I only wish I had heard about these numbers before. It's all so very clear. "The Bible Code" is just a rip-off of the REAL code found in the Quran.

In all seriousness though, this is some of the stupidest "evidence" I've ever seen. There are 7 continents, 7 days in the week, 7 Natural Wonders ... god created the universe in 7 Days .... it MUST be proof. I mean seriously, how stupid are you?
[Image: Evolution.png]

Gee... numeric coincidences. I'll bet I can find some sort of numeric coincidence that "proves" Elvis was the Messiah.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
I killed eight hookers and woke up in an octagonal prism. What does it meeeeeeeeeean???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 17 649 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8177 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20452 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1213 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4197 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2826 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48615 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11494 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 851 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 13847 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257