Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists are miserable.
Atheists are miserable.
Atheists are miserable.

I hear this a lot from the religious. They like to claim that we're some kind of empty shells that just sloth around without some kind of religion to motivate us. I have depression and anxiety (Thanks, Momma! <3 ), but I have to say that it's much easier to overcome now. I've never felt so happy, alive and free.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
RE: Atheists are miserable.
I would prefer to be miserable every day in my life, than to bow to a religious fairytale, in order to seek confort.
(May 14, 2012 at 2:11 pm)Annik Wrote: Atheists are miserable.

I hear this a lot from the religious. They like to claim that we're some kind of empty shells that just sloth around would some kind of religion to motivate us. I have depression and anxiety (Thanks, Momma! <3 ), but I have to say that it's much easier to overcome now. I've never felt so happy, alive and free.

Well, any person without an "ideal", one who only motivates himself with the sake of living through the day is pitiful and miserable to me, friend.
That could be an atheist, or theist.
Of course, there is always the question, can living through the day itself, not be an ideal?
No. It has no real collective goal.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Personally, I believe you make your own meaning. Right now, my meaning is to be happy, healthy, be a good wife/mother and to contribute something important to graphic design. Some worry about being remembered, but I'm not as focused on that. People do get depressed when they feel they've lost their way, but that's usually temporary.
The religious say lots of stupid shit.

Pay them no mind.
(May 14, 2012 at 2:23 pm)Annik Wrote: Personally, I believe you make your own meaning. Right now, my meaning is to be happy, healthy, be a good wife/mother and to contribute something important to graphic design. Some worry about being remembered, but I'm not as focused on that. People do get depressed when they feel they've lost their way, but that's usually temporary.

Well, you want to contribute to something other than yourself. That is a start.
I do not worry about being remembered. Were all the people who have died our war for independence known by their names?
No, they have been known by their collective deeds.
We eat the fruits of their sacrifice. This is sometimes enough. It certainly is enough for me.

My way is clear, like the words of Nihal Atsız:
"We've looked at the map, where our people lived, we've read about those who have done evil to our kin in history, and we have written this national hatred into our hearts with stamps of fire."
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I cocked up and accidentally quoted someone/posted it. Mods, please delete?
(May 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm)Annik Wrote: I cocked up and accidentally quoted someone/posted it. Mods, please delete?

I've seen it.
(May 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, you want to contribute to something other than yourself. That is a start.
I do not worry about being remembered. Were all the people who have died our war for independence known by their names?
No, they have been known by their collective deeds.
We eat the fruits of their sacrifice. This is sometimes enough. It certainly is enough for me.

My way is clear, like the words of Nihal Atsız:
"We've looked at the map, where our people lived, we've read about those who have done evil to our kin in history, and we have written this national hatred into our hearts with stamps of fire."

Your quote horrifies me. No one should be fueled by hate.

I'm contributing FOR myself. Except for my family, then I'm raising good children with my lover so that they'll be happy. And I don't know how I'd feel about being remembered for the collective deeds of America, like Turkey, we have have some pretty horrible offenses in our history.
(May 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, you want to contribute to something other than yourself. That is a start.

And why is that a start? Why is that important?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2176 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet