Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know you've been on AF for too long when...
You know you've been on AF for too long when...
... you start dreaming of the members of the forums, even though you've never met anyone of them IRL.

... you start an alarming lot of your sentences: "This one time on the forums.."

... your counter says that you've spent over a month online.

... you've labeled a folder "For the Fundies" on your bookmark bar for easy access, in case of ignoramus infestation.

What about you? Go! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: You know you've been on AF for too long when...
...when I've outrun the medal maker for my post count.

. . . when you start dating the forum creator.

. . . when you check the forum in the morning at the same time you are making your work list for the day.

...when the number of kudos you get affects your mood for the day.

edit: I'm feeling better people. Just a few more. Come on!
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
...when this is your first post: http://atheistforums.org/post-1.html#pid1
(May 15, 2012 at 6:32 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: ... your counter says that you've spent over a month online.

Quote:Time Spent Online: 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 19 Hours, 52 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Fuck.
I'm only at two weeks, so I'm not in trouble. Yet. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(May 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
Quote:Time Spent Online: 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 19 Hours, 52 Minutes, 5 Seconds

Fuck.
Dude, relax:

Tiberius: 6 Months, 4 Weeks, 2 Days, 17 Hours, 45 Minutes, 58 Seconds
Dude.. Confused Fall
To continue the game:

... you'd rather log on here than Facebook.

...when they ask you to be a mod.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3655 195732 5 hours ago
Last Post: brewer
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2171 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 701 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 401 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1325 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2084 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2236 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Long time no see T.J. 15 1334 August 8, 2019 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Kitty Galore