Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story.
Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story.
I was using this social media app and I had a really bizarre experience with a person. To cut a long story short they were highly intelligent but didn't care about facts. They knew the facts but always lied about them whenever it suited them socially. There are crazy people like that in this world but this person wasn't crazy. And they weren't violent either. And they weren't particularly insulted. They were just an aggressive gas lighter. But they couldn't gaslight me and I think that frustrated them maybe? It was very strange. It happened on the internet. I had never experienced anything like it and quite so intense before in the way that it was. I developed a friendship with them really fast in a day where it seemed that we had so much in common. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere they turned on me. Maybe I am just seemingly vulnerable and gullible but this person didn't actually hurt me. Just confused me. Made me wonder what their motives are and what the point of that was. Perhaps they aren't used to encountering people like me. They talked about what a bad and nasty person I was when I was the exact opposite. It's very strange. They told me not to waste their time but they seemed to want to just want to waste mine.

I want to leave the following note on their profile so if I encounter them again by accident I will remember who it is and not waste my time again:

'Possibly the most psychotic person I've ever met. Wants to accuse me of the very thing that they are doing even when I am completely silent and innocent. Wants to rush me to talk when they are telling me to take all the time in the world. Wants to refuse to ban me despite the fact I request to be banned because I am worried about even encountering them by accident. Acts like I'm the psychotic one. Literally was the first to call my own beliefs crazy but then says I am gaslighting them when I say that the situation was weird. Unimpressive in anything besides manipulation. Doesn't like how I can see through their bullshit because I am even more logical than they are manipulative.'
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure
RE: Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story.
Yes, no,...... maybe.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Are you a friend of @Ahriman?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
No. We don't know each other.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Don't worry about death;

(January 23, 2022 at 9:28 pm)Lobster Lover Wrote: No. We don't know each other.

Separated at birth? Could be an excellent 23andme application. Hehe
Reminds me of the concept of splitting, a characteristic of borderline PD.

You're idealized one minute and demonized the next. No thinking in terms of greys.

ETA: Not diagnosing the person you speak of at all. Just saying what what you described reminds me of.
Poking the bear is generally ill-advised.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 24, 2022 at 10:30 am)Angrboda Wrote: Poking the bear is generally ill-advised.

Exactly, just look at  the claws!
[Image: agAGvn6_460s.jpg]
(January 24, 2022 at 8:25 am)brewer Wrote:
(January 23, 2022 at 9:28 pm)Lobster Lover Wrote: No. We don't know each other.

Separated at birth? Could be an excellent 23andme application. Hehe

I mean, we could be kindred spirits but I'd have to interact with them in order for me to actually test the hypothesis.

Don't worry about death;

(January 25, 2022 at 5:44 pm)Lobster Lover Wrote:
(January 24, 2022 at 8:25 am)brewer Wrote: Separated at birth? Could be an excellent 23andme application. Hehe

I mean, we could be kindred spirits but I'd have to interact with them in order for me to actually test the hypothesis.

Them? That may be more accurate than you know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2044 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Seems strange to me Ahriman 8 514 August 23, 2023 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 511956 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 844 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4502 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1115 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 690 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1278 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2010 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 612 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama