Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, new here
Hi, new here
Hello all. I'm new and I thought I'd say hi.
My name is Tammy and I'm a 46 year old wife and business owner in southwest WA, USA. I live in a red, Christian saturated community and I'm looking for people who are.....well.....how can I say this without offending anyone....rational. I'm an atheist, rationalist, whatever you want to call me. I don't believe in a god or supreme being controlling my life and the universe. I became an atheist when I stopped believing in Santa Clause. I'm married with 2 children, one is 21 in the Navy and the other is 16 with Asperger's Syndrome. My husband and I have raised our children without god and guess what. They're fine. Amazing. Anyway, HiSmile
RE: Hi, new here
Welcome to our little world Smile

And well done with the children..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome Tammy Smile

I have 2 kids ... 1 is 19 and at Uni, the other 14 and at Grammar school.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Hi Binny/Tammy,

Welcome to our forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

One of my team mates is diagnosed with A.S. at a very late age so he was pretty much left by his own devices to figure it out. It does show through in his interactions, though he tries to work on his social skills.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(June 11, 2009 at 5:27 pm)binny Wrote: Hello all. I'm new and I thought I'd say hi.
My name is Tammy and I'm a 46 year old wife and business owner in southwest WA, USA. I live in a red, Christian saturated community and I'm looking for people who are.....well.....how can I say this without offending anyone....rational. I'm an atheist, rationalist, whatever you want to call me. I don't believe in a god or supreme being controlling my life and the universe. I became an atheist when I stopped believing in Santa Clause. I'm married with 2 children, one is 21 in the Navy and the other is 16 with Asperger's Syndrome. My husband and I have raised our children without god and guess what. They're fine. Amazing. Anyway, HiSmile

hello Tammy, I think you will find many like-minded people here.
Welcome.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
Greetings. Welcome to the forums Tammy!

I think it's, of course, excellent that you've done such a good job with the kids. Atheism doesn't create any problem with bringing up children (the only possible problem - at least that I can think of - is criticism of 'godlessness' from others) - merely not believing in Gods of course doesn't hold you back! - Religion, on the other hand, can indeed hold people back - Atheism for the win!

And good luck with the rest of your future in general too.

EvF
Welcome, Tammy!
It's great to have you here Smile
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomeSmile It's nice to be able to talk with people that don't think their lives are completely controlled by the invisible man that lives in the sky.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 593 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 623 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 1003 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1267 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1102 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie