Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm new here
I'm new here
Hi everyone.
I "woke up" (became an Atheist) when I was 17.
I spent my childhood going to Sunday school and then regular church with relatives.
I'm not a religion hater nor do I hate or wish ill on those people who believe in some sort of deity or deities.
I do however, believe them to be misguided or in some cases, just plain ignorant.

I know the Christian bible and had grown up reading it.
I always questioned it. Even at an early age. 9 is when I asked my first question.
The 1rst question I asked was, "If Adam was first and then, Eve. And, if they had 2 sons, Cain and Abel. Where did the wives of Cain and Abel come from?"
The sunday school teacher didn't have an answer for it. Everytime she tried I would reply, "That's not in the bible".
When asked what I thought happened after I people died I replied, "I don't know and neither do you. Diffrence is, I don't pretend or claim to know".

Later I would eventually go on to question everything from, how did Australian snakes get to the Ark? How did sloths? Sloths take 100 years to get anywhere.
When I was 16 I called the immaculate conception rape. I got in trouble. I said, " It plainly states in the bible Mary was TOLD she was going to give birth to the son of god. She wasn't asked and that is the very definition of rape".

Eventually, after I turned 17 I understood that I didn't believe any of it all along and so, quit any and all religious activities.
These people don't want to be enlightened. That's why they go to church and claim enlightenment. They don't want to know the truth. That's why they spout nontruth.
These days I am a man of pure science. Tell me science doesn't explain everything and I'll tell you the samething I tell everyone else. "That's because mankind is young and scientists haven't studied everything yet"

I am an Atheist all the way. There is no doubt, hesitation or second guessing when I say it either.
Try to convert me to any religion with a deity and a book and I'll break out books about the Easter Bunny and Santa Chlaus.
RE: I'm new here
Welcome! Your story is familiar to a lot of us.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Howdy
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Hi back.

I figured mine was a common tale.
Welcome. You will, of course, agree that Tracii Guns is god, right?
Welcome
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Welcome to the Forum.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Welcome Woof!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome Sigiere! Congratulations on being quicker to figure that out than I was.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 22, 2023 at 11:54 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Welcome Sigiere! Congratulations on being quicker to figure that out than I was. I was in my mid-thirties before I realized I had become an atheist.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 568 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 617 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  New here Rdougall 9 1264 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1099 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New Here probablynothing#34 18 1437 June 30, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir