Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life's a B****
Life's a B****
***due to the touchy-feeliness of this post, I will apologize ahead of time if I'm out of line anywhere. (to the moderators)

I don't like to face reality. I bury myself in philosophy (i.e., new age, religion, out-there shtick), fantasy novels where everyone is happy in the end, love stories, music, relationships, etc cetera...
But, eventually, what goes up must come down, and I really came down.
The other day, I was shown my family's finacial status that I was not previously aware of. I know that the economy has gone to SHITE, and that alot of people are getting laid off from work, but that isn't the thing that was really wrong.
My family would be FINE if my brother hadn't commited suicide. Two years ago, my mother was holding on to a steady job and bringing home a lot of money--we lived quite comfortably in this house, despite the fact that half the family members was being rushed to the hospital every week (car wreaks, ulcers...).
After my brother died, my mom couldn't hold on to her job. Her boss said she wasn't the same when she went back to work; wasn't as productive.
Where the hell is FAIR in that?!?!
But then again, who said life was fair?

So yeah. I don't like looking out the window at my neighbor's busted up cars with their recently slashed tires, the little kids fighting down the street, the drug deals going around my friends, and other friends that quit giving a damn.
But sooner or later, I'm gonna have to stand up and take a stand for what's right, even if I'm standing alone.

***I'm sorry for all the angst!
RE: Life's a B****
I'm of course sorry to hear about what happened to your brother. Sounds like you've had and/or having a really hard time....:

I wish you good luck for the future Smile...although I'm sure we both know that wishing doesn't do much..Sad - but, it's the thought that counts Smile.. I guess..

Life can, of course, be a total bitch..indeed.

I don't really know what more I can say? Sad

And well - I certainly don't have a problem with you expressing your "angst": I think it's important to express yourself. So long as you don't go 'too far'..

For what it's worth - I wish you good luck for the future anyway Smile

EvF
Almost as depressing as the lyrics to the MASH theme. Well at least you own a computer. If your mom was making a lot of money, why do you live in such a crappy neighborhood? And what is wrong with your body? Sounds like you just need to get a job and a life.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(June 14, 2009 at 6:13 am)LEDO Wrote: Almost as depressing as the lyrics to the MASH theme. Well at least you own a computer. If your mom was making a lot of money, why do you live in such a crappy neighborhood? And what is wrong with your body? Sounds like you just need to get a job and a life.

LEDO going for 'empathic of the year' here Thinking
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(June 14, 2009 at 6:13 am)LEDO Wrote: Almost as depressing as the lyrics to the MASH theme. Well at least you own a computer. If your mom was making a lot of money, why do you live in such a crappy neighborhood? And what is wrong with your body? Sounds like you just need to get a job and a life.

Thanks...dick.
(June 13, 2009 at 10:09 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I'm of course sorry to hear about what happened to your brother. Sounds like you've had and/or having a really hard time....:

I wish you good luck for the future Smile...although I'm sure we both know that wishing doesn't do much..Sad - but, it's the thought that counts Smile.. I guess..

Life can, of course, be a total bitch..indeed.

I don't really know what more I can say? Sad

And well - I certainly don't have a problem with you expressing your "angst": I think it's important to express yourself. So long as you don't go 'too far'..

For what it's worth - I wish you good luck for the future anyway Smile

EvF

Thanks. Smile I was just letting this all out yesterday, I'm not always like this. Honestly, I'm very positive--so I KNOW that in the future things will get better, because they always do~
Smile
(June 14, 2009 at 2:19 pm)obsessed_philosopher Wrote: [quote='LEDO' pid='20158' dateline='1244974421']
Almost as depressing as the lyrics to the MASH theme. Well at least you own a computer. If your mom was making a lot of money, why do you live in such a crappy neighborhood? And what is wrong with your body? Sounds like you just need to get a job and a life.

Thanks...dick.

Self-pity is pathetic. You are not the first person on the planet to have lost a brother or live in a bad neighborhood. Oh pity me pity me. If you don't like your situation get off your ass and do something about it. Jesus isn't going to come down and help you.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(June 14, 2009 at 3:01 pm)LEDO Wrote:
(June 14, 2009 at 2:19 pm)obsessed_philosopher Wrote: [quote='LEDO' pid='20158' dateline='1244974421']

Thanks...dick.

Self-pity is pathetic. You are not the first person on the planet to have lost a brother or live in a bad neighborhood. Oh pity me pity me. If you don't like your situation get off your ass and do something about it. Jesus isn't going to come down and help you.

No shit. And I know people are worse off than I am, but that doesn't stop me from feeling the way that I feel. Yes, I did say that I buried myself in books and what not, but I never said that was all I ever did; I HAVE been doing something--talking it out helps, going out and volunteering at the homeless shelter I work at helps, and helping those in need. I never said I wasn't doing anything, YOU did. So shut the hell up. And who the hell said anything about Jesus?
I've been through many shitty things in my life, and recently it's been pretty horrible. My uncle, whom I loved dearly, passed away in May due to liver and kidney failure brought on my alcohol abuse. My father is homeless because he got drunk and was kicked out of his sober house apartment.

Whenever I go through things like this I reach out to my friends or family. So it's good that your talking about these things on a venue where people can be supportive.

It's also important to do what you can do to make life better for yourself. One thing atheism is helped me understand is that I need to rely on myself and the people I trust.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(June 14, 2009 at 3:01 pm)LEDO Wrote: Self-pity is pathetic. You are not the first person on the planet to have lost a brother or live in a bad neighborhood. Oh pity me pity me. If you don't like your situation get off your ass and do something about it. Jesus isn't going to come down and help you.

Unecessery comment. If you don't have anthing useful to say then just shut up.
- Science is not trying to create an answer like religion, it tries to find an answer.
(June 14, 2009 at 3:01 pm)LEDO Wrote: Self-pity is pathetic. You are not the first person on the planet to have lost a brother or live in a bad neighborhood. Oh pity me pity me. If you don't like your situation get off your ass and do something about it. Jesus isn't going to come down and help you.

If you have something constructive to add or valid advice to give then that's fine. But if all you are going to do is kick those who are already down then perhaps it would be best to keep your opinions to yourself.

May I draw your attention to item 3 of the rules of this forum.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3086 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3674 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1389 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2084 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3106 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, brukanzuu 14 2891 March 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: sdelsolray
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, baah 59 9905 October 27, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, cali0 38 6844 November 13, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 152 13538 August 23, 2016 at 6:11 am
Last Post: InsaneDane
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, Gustavo1 71 10109 August 19, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: robvalue