Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance.
Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance.
Alleged Spontaneous Abiogenesis is like the earlier theory of "Spontaneous Generation", now discredited. The odds against it are so extra-ordinary and far-fetched, it's perfectly rational to believe that this did not happen through Pure Chance but rather through Intelligent Design.

"‘Spontaneous generation’ was a mainstream scientific doctrine for a very long time, until proven wrong by Francesco Redi and Louis Pasteur. Even then it died a slow and painful death. Spontaneous generation basically proposed that given the right conditions and precursors, life would arise all by itself ‘spontaneously’. There were various recipes for this well-established ‘fact’ of science. For example, 17th Century Flemish chemist Jan Baptiste van Helmont wrote, ‘If a soiled shirt is placed in the opening of a vessel containing grains of wheat, the reaction of the leaven in the shirt with fumes from the wheat will, after approximately 21 days, transform the wheat into mice.’ It was also thought that meat left to rot would spontaneously give rise to maggots and flies. The self-evident fact that rotting meat would before long swarm with maggots and flies established the belief in spontaneous generation of maggots and flies from rotting meat. Redi proposed an eminently simple experiment to test the hypothesis: let’s cover the meat with some fine material and see what happens! Well of course no maggots or flies swarmed on the meat as it rotted because no flies could get to the meat to lay their eggs and thus produce the maggots and flies that were so well known. And so Redi overthrew long-established scientific doctrine and replaced it with a new doctrine, ‘Life comes from life’—what became known as the ‘law of biogenesis’."
RE: Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance.
Abiogenesis is nothing like Spontaneous Generation and none of the evidence against the former applies to the latter and once again appealing to a creationist source and ID is pseudoscience and in no way rational. Also, Abiogenisis is not pure chance that doesn't even make sense as a statement  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

RE: Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance.
(July 26, 2023 at 2:30 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Quotes a load of propganda from: https://creation.com/abiogenesis

No.

Read
In the spirit of not having an original thought in your head, I'll just let Pink Guy from Filthy Frank give my response to this thread, and all the many other threads this idiot keeps spamming:

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
You quote your Atheist websites, we'll quote our Christian websites, that's how this works. I've provided plenty of commentary of my own either summarizing the arguments made in the links or books I refer to, or developing them, or replying to objections made against them etc.

The fact remains Spontaneous Abiogenesis is so exceedingly unlikely that it's more rational to infer the Formation of Intelligent Life came about through Intelligent Design rather than some chance combination of elements allegedly creating the first cell. Will provide more detail on this shortly.
Quote:You quote your Atheist websites, we'll quote our Christian websites, that's how this works. I've provided plenty of commentary of my own either summarizing the arguments made in the links or books I refer to, or developing them, or replying to objections made against them etc.
You quote creationist garbage we quote actual science so no that's not how this works. All you have done is display your personal ignorance and no all you have done is mindlessly repeat creationist talking points.

Quote:The fact remains Spontaneous Abiogenesis is so exceedingly unlikely that it's more rational to infer the Formation of Intelligent Life came about through Intelligent Design rather than some chance combination of elements allegedly creating the first cell. Will provide more detail on this shortly.
Nope, Abiogenesis is actual science and is completely likely, and intelligent design is bunk pseudoscience. And Abiogenesis didn't happen by chance that's and you will provide nothing that shows anything but your ignorance and embrace of pseudoscience.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(July 26, 2023 at 4:22 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: You quote your Atheist websites, we'll quote our Christian websites, that's how this works. I've provided plenty of commentary of my own either summarizing the arguments made in the links or books I refer to, or developing them, or replying to objections made against them etc.

The fact remains Spontaneous Abiogenesis is so exceedingly unlikely that it's more rational to infer the Formation of Intelligent Life came about through Intelligent Design rather than some chance combination of elements allegedly creating the first cell. Will provide more detail on this shortly.

Hello Nishant.

What would be your reply to the comment that pretty much all Creationist-Christian sites have a long history of lying. Quote mining. Misrepresentation. Along with a general complete lack of any properly accredited scientific credentials?
Hello Peeb. Please see this distinguished list of Creation Scientists and their Educational Qualifications for yourself. https://creation.com/creation-scientists

Quote:

(July 26, 2023 at 4:37 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Hello Peeb. Please see this distinguished list of Creation Scientists and their Educational Qualifications for yourself. https://creation.com/creation-scientists

Quote:

This does not in any way answer my questions.

Have Creation sites ever quote-mined other scholarly works? Yes or no?

Read
First of all, it shows this claim of yours: "Along with a general complete lack of any properly accredited scientific credentials?" was not correct.

This is the Slanderous Discrimination against Christians and even highly qualified Creation Scientists that goes in the profession with hardly anyone protesting.

Second, provide well-documented instances of this alleged quote-mining that you're talking about and we'll examine them right here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your atheism come as a package? FrustratedFool 75 5231 October 7, 2023 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 16084 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1854 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Family is always asking me to come to religious celebrations Tomatoshadow2 25 1829 April 11, 2023 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3690 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2868 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1389 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  By chance? Yukon_Jack 438 38070 March 8, 2020 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2093 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3109 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik