Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Y'ello
Y'ello
Hey, my name is Guy, i'm a 15 yr old that dislikes religion to a point of madness.
I don't preach atheism, its just I retaliate whenever some preaches religion towards me.
RE: Y'ello
(June 14, 2009 at 12:50 am)guysullavin Wrote: Hey, my name is Guy, i'm a 15 yr old that dislikes religion to a point of madness.
I don't preach atheism, its just I retaliate whenever some preaches religion towards me.

Which kinda brings home a point doesn't it? It seems rare that atheists go specifically out of their way to get in the faces of the religious (this forum is a case in point, it's a haven for atheists and I know I'm not a member of any religious forums) but they [the religious] still feel that need to come here ... why is that? Can they be so insecure about their beliefs that they have to get in the faces of those who don't?

Anyway, welcome to our little corner of cyberspace.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Greetings Guy! Welcome to the forums!

(June 14, 2009 at 12:50 am)guysullavin Wrote: that dislikes religion to a point of madness.

I have very occasional brief moments like that LOL - I'm not surprised. Religion is bullshit and at times it can be an absolute outrage.

Quote:I don't preach atheism, its just I retaliate whenever some preaches religion towards me.

Perfectly understandable I say.

EvF
Welcome mate!

I'm fairly militant about my atheisim so I might break the trend in the thread.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
(June 14, 2009 at 12:50 am)guysullavin Wrote: Hey, my name is Guy, i'm a 15 yr old that dislikes religion to a point of madness.

Retaliate? You kick preaches in the nads?
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Welcome Guy.

Many of us here share your frustration.

Just be warned,we have a few rather irritating theist types here. I'll leave it to you to figure out who they are for yourself.

Although direct insults are not permitted , patronising sarcasm is perfectly acceptable.Wink Shades

I think I felt the exact same way when I was your age.....about 50 billion years agoSad
(June 15, 2009 at 4:46 pm)binny Wrote: ....about 50 billion years agoSad
You predate time? Well there's a contradiction in words Big Grin
Well, quantum physics is pretty freaky and indeterminate, so you predating time, Binny - may be almost certainly vastly more improbable than being able to successfully line up one's own atoms to a wall and slip through it....but in the crazy quantum universe when it's all a matter of probability (and 'improbability' :S) - I guess it's not necessarily entirely improbable!! Is it...???

But it's not very likely now is it Binny(?)

I doubt you're really 50 billion years old Binny. In fact I'd bet a hell of a lot of money that you're definitely not (if I had a lot of money :S).

EvF
Ok, ok I'm not that old. I tend to exaggerate sometimes. It drives my husband nuts. Does 46 sound better? So I was 15 31 years ago......31 years? Oh, now I'm depressed.

TammySmile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Ello There MindForgedManacle 11 2984 July 11, 2013 at 5:55 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  'Ello Rudolph Hucker 22 6466 June 27, 2011 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Rudolph Hucker
  Ello there, again! Nick A. 26 6766 October 21, 2009 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Ello there! Nick A. 1 2387 September 17, 2008 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Tiberius