Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today at work, bullshit about homophobia.
Today at work, bullshit about homophobia.
So today, I was repeating a very funny skit from Eddie Murphy's Raw album where he speculated if Ralph and Norton from the "Honey Mooners" were gay.

So I repeat this and my black co workers a decade too young to know about it, jump on me and one of them says "I knew it"! Accusing me of being gay, like it was a bad thing in any case.

Holy fucking shit jackasses! After 400 years of slavery and decades of segregation and even today, you think they could see the same stupid bigotry they were aiming at me.

I am sensitive, I do cry easy, and I do not have a deep voice, I am non confrontational physically and I do identify more emotionally with women than men. But I am NOT gay.

I simply said when they jumped on me like it was a bad thing "Even if I was, it would be nothing to be ashamed of".

Their ignorance was astounding considering how even today, I have seen cops treat them.

If I am not ashamed to say I don't believe in a god, what makes them think that I should be ashamed of being gay?

The skit was funny, not because it was homophobic, but because it made fun of heterosexual stereotypes with a "What if".

What if Arnold was gay? For example. "Come on me if you like to Jizz"

It is the same stupid crap humans suffer from. Short term memory. We hate being treated like shit ourselves, but when we gain and advantage we forget how shitty we were treated ourselves and in turn, do the same thing to others we don't want done to us.
RE: Today at work, bullshit about homophobia.
(May 26, 2012 at 5:18 pm)Brian37 Wrote: ...my black co workers a decade too young to know about it

here is where you went wrong.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
@Brian:

I saw Murphy's 'Raw' years ago,hated it for its bigotry and misogyny. The guy was as funny as cancer.

The rabid homophobia made me think 'closet gay'

Anyway, I stopped watching his movies. I must admit that wasn't much of a sacrifice; he only ever made one good movie that I saw.
From the time I was about 13 until I left my hometown everyone thought I was a lesbian. I look, dress, and talk like a female, but I wasn't interested in boys my own age, and didn't relate to young ladies my age. They talked all kinds of shit about me, and the more I didn't give a shit, the more their suspicions grew. Little did they know I was more like a gay man, trapped in a woman's body, and preferred older men.

Fuck what people think! People find controversy in the silliest shit anyway.

(May 26, 2012 at 7:37 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Fuck what people think! People find controversy in the silliest shit anyway.

This x100.

(May 26, 2012 at 7:37 pm)aleialoura Wrote: From the time I was about 13 until I left my hometown everyone thought I was a lesbian. I look, dress, and talk like a female, but I wasn't interested in boys my own age, and didn't relate to young ladies my age. They talked all kinds of shit about me, and the more I didn't give a shit, the more their suspicions grew. Little did they know I was more like a gay man, trapped in a woman's body, and preferred older men.

Fuck what people think! People find controversy in the silliest shit anyway.

What pissed me off about the guy who said "I knew it!" when I repeated the skit, last year was harassed by cops for merely being black in a gas station parking lot.

Seriously, next time they pull that shit on me, I am going to say "I am an atheist. If I am not afraid to admit that, what the fuck makes you think I am afraid of admitting being gay, if I was".

And would the laws magically change if I was? If someone grabs your ass it is called sexually harassment or assault. What is between my legs or my sexuality wont change that common law.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 198639 April 25, 2024 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 944 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1086 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2275 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Nobody wants to work anymore Foxaèr 92 6292 October 29, 2021 at 11:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can't get the link to work here but. Brian37 21 1380 July 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: no one
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1117 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1097 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 516 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4