Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Bradbury
Ray Bradbury
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/07/books/...d=fb-share

My first Ray Bradbury was Fahrenheit 451. It blew my mind. My favorite is Dandelion Wine. If you've never seen The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit, you don't know what you're missing.

RE: Ray Bradbury
At work today, cries of "Ray Bradbury's dead!" were heard, followed by "What?" and then "Oh no!"

I love my office.

And farewell to Mr. Bradbury -- I'll never forget Fahrenheit 451, even after the firemen come.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
One of my favourites was the 1980 TV series* "The Martian Chronicles", but Fahrenheit 451 was the best thing of his I read.

*Bradbury apparently hated it.
Fahrenheit 451 has been on my reading list since high school a good five years ago. My reading list is exponentially growing! Since I choose what to read next based on a whim rather than in the order they were added to the list there are many, many things on the list from years and years ago patiently waiting their turn Big Grin
That's how I discovered it too, except it was my mother's copy from her summer reading list from high school. I read it in 7th grade and I loved it. I read it again a few years ago and loved it more.

(June 7, 2012 at 6:28 am)aleialoura Wrote: That's how I discovered it too, except it was my mother's copy from her summer reading list from high school. I read it in 7th grade and I loved it. I read it again a few years ago and loved it more.

Wow. I think the only thing I'd read in the seventh grade was Harry Potter. Not that that's bad in itself - it's more the fact that it and the Tomorrow When the War Began series were really only reading until then. So much good stuff I could've read! Oh well, no use lamenting wasted years Big Grin Around year 9 is when I consider my 'real' reading to have begun, starting with Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Ray Bradbury to me means 'The Martian Chronicles' both the TV Series and the book. And the fact that Mars seemed to have a breathable atmosphere and people could have 'live' communications with Earth with no delay didn't seem to matter at all, such was the richness and all enveloping nature of the story.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I began reading seriously around 4th grade. My first novel was Flowers in the Attic. Harry Potter didn't come out until I was nearly grown, but I have read all of them.

I read constantly from 4th grade until my first child was born and then my books got thinner and more... illustrated. I am finally getting back to a point where I don't have to make time to read, I just have time, and I'm loving it.

In memory..

[Image: 464944_4121345069393_1176301914_o.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]