Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autoconversion of certain character sequences
Autoconversion of certain character sequences

I went to post in the thread about churches defying the ban on political activity, and found that everywhere I posted "501 ( c ) ( 3 )" without the extra spaces, it turned the parentheses plus 'c' into the copyright symbol. I tried the '['code']' option, but that wasn't appropriate. And turning off smilies didn't help.

Is there a work-around for this, and is there a list of such character sequences somewhere?

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Autoconversion of certain character sequences
Yeah, the c between the parentheses automatically turns into the copyright symbol.

Fortunately, you can get around that, which is by inserting the italic tags or the bold tags either before or after the c.

Like this:

Code:
(c[i][/i])

Which would turn into (c) and not ©.
RE: Autoconversion of certain character sequences

Ah. Cool. Thank you so much. That is most helpful. As much as I use space between bold codes to control formatting, I wonder why that didn't occur to me. No matter. All better. Thank you thank you.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Certain I've asked this before Foxaèr 13 1372 October 30, 2017 at 8:49 am
Last Post: emjay
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 887 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1251 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  removing certain information next to an avatar Joods 19 3900 February 14, 2016 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Thread title character number issue CleanShavenJesus 2 1487 August 15, 2013 at 4:52 am
Last Post: LastPoet