Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certain I've asked this before
Certain I've asked this before
Is it only mods who can create a new reply and have it be separate from the one before it without having to wait an hour?

If there's a way for regular members to do it, how is it done again?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Certain I've asked this before
I thought it was changed to where everyone could but it may have been changed back. Can you test it here just by posting twice in a row?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Posting.

Posting number two.

See, it places that line in between instead of making a separate post.
~ Erin Hunter
most of my posts are number 2 . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

This was done to prevent post count inflation. We currently don't have plans to change it back.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 30, 2017 at 12:53 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: This was done to prevent post count inflation. We currently don't have plans to change it back.

Yet I've seen mods, I'll not name who, circumvent it.

Before you begin to doubt me, I've seen the mod post something, then a few seconds later post a separate post in the same thread but the post was not separated by a line; instead, the content was posted in an entirely new post.
~ Erin Hunter
That feature is turned off for staff so that official posts are not combined with ordinary ones.

There is no way for a normal member to turn this off and there are no plans to change that.
Booo!

I say it again.

Booooo!

Though I respect your final decision.
~ Erin Hunter
(October 29, 2017 at 11:03 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: most of my posts are number 2 . . .

So, you'll be dressing up as CL for Halloween?  Tongue

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What's a post count?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 885 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1247 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  removing certain information next to an avatar Joods 19 3899 February 14, 2016 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Warning of unread posts before answering in thread pocaracas 1 1616 August 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Autoconversion of certain character sequences Angrboda 2 1854 June 24, 2012 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Regarding our Rule on Insults (Please read post before voting) Eilonnwy 51 24200 July 28, 2010 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Can we get a someone posted before you warning? Paul the Human 20 6576 May 1, 2010 at 6:13 am
Last Post: leo-rcc