Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mimi is cactus
Mimi is cactus
My poor little dog Mimi is literally on her last legs.

At 17,she is deaf and nearly blind .She has stopped eating and can no longer stand up. Taking her to the vet this morning.

I'm sad.
RE: Mimi is cactus
You're doing the right thing. When there is not one more thing they want to do, they're miserable. If it was bearable they'd just get on with it. When a dog doesn't want to sniff or eat or get around, time to let them go. It is a mercy for them.
sorry to hear it. my 17yo cat is very similar.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Knowing that you are doing the right thing does not make it easier though, Pad.

My condolences on your loss.
Sorry to hear that Pad.

Condolences on your loss.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Condolences. We have a 15 year old dog that is going downhill quickly, so I can relate. It is never easy to lose a member of the family.
Aw, sorry, pad. That's rough. Sad
Thanks guys.

She's gone. The vet said she seemed to have had a stroke. I stayed with her while the vet gave her the injection. I've had a little cry.I'll miss her.

Fat fucking chance anyone will show me the same consideration in context.Angry
I am sorry for your loss pad. Sad
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I hope you'll accept my most heartfelt sympathies as well, Pad.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'