Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Christians misbehave
When Christians misbehave
Found this youtube series and some of its actually pretty funny. This one shows a neo-nazi and ex-con (not to mention Christian) attempting to intimidate an Atheist couple from the town. Now, keep in mind this guys real. He actually said all of this despite knowing he was being filmed, hes that stupid.

(Been having trouble seeing videos on this site lately, someone let me know if its up?)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: When Christians misbehave
Quote:This one shows a neo-nazi and ex-con (not to mention Christian)

That must be what they mean by a "trinity?"
(July 4, 2012 at 12:08 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:This one shows a neo-nazi and ex-con (not to mention Christian)

That must be what they mean by a "trinity?"

Ha, maybe. Tongue
The Nazi symbol can be traced back to numerous Juedo-Christian orders who used it as a holy symbol as I recall, just throwing it out there. You would of thought that would stop dead any arguements that Hitler didn't use religion to promote his goals.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
What an idiot.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Actually, I found it more painful to watch than funny. And I also fault the maker of the video for creating a confrontation and escalating it to the point that police assistance was required — which the video author didn't think through very well. That was stupid on multiple levels. What if the police were unable to respond, and matters became truly violent? Their call pulled two squad cars that might have been needed or more useful elsewhere. At minimum, their being called to the scene meant that they weren't enforcing the law and discouraging crime elsewhere. And for what?

I have to confess that I've been in a similar situation. A best friend of mine was breaking up with her girlfriend, and the girlfriend still had a ring of hers that she wanted back. So they agreed to meet outside my friend's apartment by the street. I accompanied her at some remove with a cordless phone, in case we needed to call the authorities. We did. Things turned violent really quickly, and this woman who outweighed me by over 100 lbs. chased me and my friend inside, where we sat frantically making multiple calls to 911. All the while, the other woman prowled around, occasionally throwing things at the door. I didn't tell my friend, but the rear security door was not secure, and if she had tried it, we would have been cornered. I don't recall exactly how long it took, but when the police finally arrived and arrested her, me and my friend were just totally frantic. And the cops gave us a good talking to about using them to maintain peace in a situation that we easily could have avoided. I had just moved my stuff into a new apartment, and my things sat in boxes for several days as we worked on the legal side of things, and I devoted all my energies to supporting my friend, who understandably was rather shaken by the events. And I can't say I wasn't; a few weeks later, I volunteered to go take care of her cats one night, and I solicited the services of a male friend to accompany me, as I was afraid to be alone at her place, and in that area of the city, which was fairly close to the other woman's residence.

Pulling shit like they did in the video is stupid.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(July 5, 2012 at 4:20 am)apophenia Wrote:

Actually, I found it more painful to watch than funny. And I also fault the maker of the video for creating a confrontation and escalating it to the point that police assistance was required — which the video author didn't think through very well. That was stupid on multiple levels. What if the police were unable to respond, and matters became truly violent? Their call pulled two squad cars that might have been needed or more useful elsewhere. At minimum, their being called to the scene meant that they weren't enforcing the law and discouraging crime elsewhere. And for what?

The confrontation was already present, he was making threats like these on a regular basis. The video was a means to defend himself through the justice system. I'm not entirely sure what you'd recommend as an alternative.
- Abdul Alhazred.
he's annoying as hell, but he isn't really about anything physical or he would've made a move. so for me, people who flap their gums like that only need ignored to hope they go away. but he would've gotten slapped in the mouth then pissed on, for talking about my woman like that.

as i sit now tho, away from the situation, it's damn funny watching him slowly melt down.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
The two in the video aren't really a couple. The woman was just a friend. Still, rude as fuck.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
i understand annik. my reaction would be the same tho, i can't stomach guys who talk to women that way, even if it's just a random woman on the street. i have also been wrong too, because i know some guys who have that kind of submissive relationship and the woman gets off on getting talked to that way. some even *like* to be beat up, it's a show of affection ... somefuckinghow. smfh.

i would love to see a woman who can protect herself physically, call the guy out on it and say "ok big boy, you got it. let's see that big willy that i'm gonna get to suck on!" then as he pulls it out, she laughs at the size and takes a pic of it to post it on fb. hahaha.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
(July 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(July 5, 2012 at 4:20 am)apophenia Wrote: Actually, I found it more painful to watch than funny. And I also fault the maker of the video for creating a confrontation and escalating it to the point that police assistance was required — which the video author didn't think through very well. That was stupid on multiple levels. What if the police were unable to respond, and matters became truly violent? Their call pulled two squad cars that might have been needed or more useful elsewhere. At minimum, their being called to the scene meant that they weren't enforcing the law and discouraging crime elsewhere. And for what?

The confrontation was already present, he was making threats like these on a regular basis. The video was a means to defend himself through the justice system. I'm not entirely sure what you'd recommend as an alternative.

So your defense of him is an argument from ignorance. If I can't demonstrate a better solution, then anything he did was "okie dokie". The moron essentially took the law into his own hands, and then called the cops to back up his play. That's total shit. Not only did you ignore the very real potential for tragedy in such vigilantism, he also put innocent people at risk. What if when the cops showed up, the dude produced a weapon and injured or killed a cop? They had no idea what might happen, just as on any call. Yet according to you, taking such risks with his life, and that of the others present is justified because he got what he wanted in the end, and no other solution immediately presented itself. Nice justification. Sorry, but I find your ethics deplorable. Life is unfair, and some times good people suffer unjustly. That's no excuse for negligently taking matters into your own hands. If this was a regular occurrence, why was he unprepared for what would happen if the cops were late or didn't show up at all? Your defense is the worst kind of ethic imaginable, that the end justifies the means. Sorry, but I don't agree.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]