Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Error: Grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside.
Video Error: Grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside.
Stop me if this sounds familiar:
You're on youtube, you press play and enjoy a brief moment of anticipation as the video loads... except it doesn't load. Your video is replaced with a white background, a grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside. You click a few more times, nothing. You refresh but it remains there, mocking you. You scream various insults at it mostly accusing it of swan rape, it is unmoved. After an hour of sobbing you search around the forums and the only information you find is that it *might* be something to do with adobe and they're "taking it very seriously". You ponder how they'd take it humorously, perhaps draw a funny face and a hitler mustache on the exclaimation mark? You snap back into focus on your prediciment and decide on the only course of action you can pursue under these types of circumstances; you bitch about it on a forum.

Also some videos on this site don't show up at all, not sure if thats related.
Thoughts?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
RE: Video Error: Grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside.
Upgrade Adobe Flash?
(July 5, 2012 at 12:47 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Stop me if this sounds familiar:
You're on youtube, you press play and enjoy a brief moment of anticipation as the video loads... except it doesn't load. Your video is replaced with a white background, a grey circle with a white exclaimation mark inside. You click a few more times, nothing. You refresh but it remains there, mocking you. You scream various insults at it mostly accusing it of swan rape, it is unmoved. After an hour of sobbing you search around the forums and the only information you find is that it *might* be something to do with adobe and they're "taking it very seriously". You ponder how they'd take it humorously, perhaps draw a funny face and a hitler mustache on the exclaimation mark? You snap back into focus on your prediciment and decide on the only course of action you can pursue under these types of circumstances; you bitch about it on a forum.

Also some videos on this site don't show up at all, not sure if thats related.
Thoughts?

OS/Browser?
(July 5, 2012 at 12:49 am)Minimalist Wrote: Upgrade Adobe Flash?

Got the latest version.

(July 5, 2012 at 12:49 am)ktulu Wrote: OS/Browser?

As far as I can tell different OS have had the same problem and my browser is standard google which is too widely used to be the problem.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(July 5, 2012 at 12:55 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: As far as I can tell different OS have had the same problem and my browser is standard google which is too widely used to be the problem.

I can honestly say I have never encountered that issue. I use Chrome for regular browsing, but I have the major 4 installed because I do some web development. IE/FIrefox/Opera/Chrome, I would have to say it's some sort of a plugin issue. If it's a Chrome thing, do you use any extensions? I have a bunch of MP4/MP3 Youtube converters that on occasion require replacing/updating/removal. Chrome is a pretty solid browser, but it can be a bit of a dick on certain issues, I'm speaking from experience. Try IE and see what it does on the same link, that should help you narrow it down to plugin/browser (try Safari if on a MAC).
(July 5, 2012 at 1:14 am)ktulu Wrote:
(July 5, 2012 at 12:55 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: As far as I can tell different OS have had the same problem and my browser is standard google which is too widely used to be the problem.

I can honestly say I have never encountered that issue. I use Chrome for regular browsing, but I have the major 4 installed because I do some web development. IE/FIrefox/Opera/Chrome, I would have to say it's some sort of a plugin issue. If it's a Chrome thing, do you use any extensions? I have a bunch of MP4/MP3 Youtube converters that on occasion require replacing/updating/removal. Chrome is a pretty solid browser, but it can be a bit of a dick on certain issues, I'm speaking from experience. Try IE and see what it does on the same link, that should help you narrow it down to plugin/browser (try Safari if on a MAC).

Lost track of the link but next time the error occurs I'll save the link and do just that. Thanks.
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the most absurd error message a program you have made was outputting? FlatAssembler 38 3882 June 14, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Error 502 bad gateway for Rational Responders Brian37 13 1318 April 23, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Custom error message for stack overflow in C++ FlatAssembler 60 7282 November 21, 2021 at 6:17 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  HELPPPPP Blue screen error just now!!! Edwardo Piet 114 9989 November 10, 2015 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Disk read error. Creed of Heresy 12 4045 July 27, 2012 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  "White Spaces" Wi-Fi BoyWonder 0 921 April 1, 2012 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: BoyWonder