Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A truly beautiful animation
A truly beautiful animation
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/596083

Don't bother expecting sunshine and rainbows. All the same, this is a beautiful flash animation, with a very beautiful albeit bittersweet message. Very Orwellian world concept with a few cynical notes [which I love].

Kudos to those who get what the story's overarching lesson is.
RE: A truly beautiful animation
As far as I can tell its showing us what our world is like, or going to end up like.
The poor/regular people think the only ticket to happiness is money and fame.

Before the ending with the tubes and stuff I thought the guy would just be killed and a fake would be put into the media. An effective way of giving the lowest of society hope that they can escape their horrible lives, thus preventing rebellion, while still keeping most of them stuck as they are.

That might be partly true as there was a fake of him created and while he didn't die he was kept as some sort of fuel source. That's the bit that confused me.
Was their entire society just a bunch of fakes stuck in an eternal loop using the defenceless as a means of energy and to keep the world stuck as it is? Securing their dominance for eternity?
Or maybe something else?

My thoughts get weird when I'm tired Undecided
The Christian religion is a very powerful and convincing mistake, that's all.
-Dr Mary Malone
RE: A truly beautiful animation
(July 6, 2012 at 5:22 pm)Speak Silence Wrote: As far as I can tell its showing us what our world is like, or going to end up like.
The poor/regular people think the only ticket to happiness is money and fame.

Before the ending with the tubes and stuff I thought the guy would just be killed and a fake would be put into the media. An effective way of giving the lowest of society hope that they can escape their horrible lives, thus preventing rebellion, while still keeping most of them stuck as they are.

That might be partly true as there was a fake of him created and while he didn't die he was kept as some sort of fuel source. That's the bit that confused me.
Was their entire society just a bunch of fakes stuck in an eternal loop using the defenceless as a means of energy and to keep the world stuck as it is? Securing their dominance for eternity?
Or maybe something else?

My thoughts get weird when I'm tired Undecided

You're actually pretty close. The idea is that the White Class require the Black Class to survive...or to maintain their lifestyles, rather. They use the lottery to basically randomly choose those who they will leech dry. The "winner" DOES get to be something more...to the White Society. To them, the Black Society are "parasites" and the only good thing they could ever do is feed the White Society. Meanwhile the Prole who won the lottery technically did win something; companionship. He was too timid, too meek to seek out companionship on his own even though he had the opportunities, and ultimately, despite being blinded by the glitzy lifestyle of the upper class, all he truly wanted was to be with someone else...which in the end, he got.

It's a story of how we never realize what we have in our society; we get blinded by the bright lights of what we think we could have. We chase the carrot though we never really have a chance of ever getting it, and in so doing we don't see what we have right in front of us, and what we can do with it. It's also about how the rich, the same people who rub their success and wealth in our faces, could literally never exist without the rest of us. Their lifestyles, without us, could never be. If everyone stopped going to the movies and stopped buying music or going to concerts and if we all simply just never put another dollar into Hollywood, or any corporate giant...they would collapse instantly and be turned into one of us.

Alas...we instead enable them because we think we could, maybe, hopefully, be just like them. It's delusion on a scale that even the religious institutions are jealous of. Why do you think they are the loudest when it comes to railing about material possessions and celebrity life these days?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Godzilla Short Animation Mechaghostman2 1 414 January 3, 2018 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cats & Kids - beautiful ignoramus 1 306 October 13, 2017 at 6:06 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Beautiful as ever. ignoramus 0 340 July 30, 2017 at 8:22 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  2Cellos - Gladiator theme-beautiful ignoramus 2 744 July 20, 2017 at 3:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How did I miss this/2016 was a truly cruel bitch! Ravenshire 2 440 May 17, 2017 at 7:35 am
Last Post: chimp3
  This is cool. Animation of the Destruction of Pompeii Minimalist 5 1378 March 14, 2016 at 3:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Animation: The Backwater Gospel Creed of Heresy 0 561 June 14, 2014 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Just beautiful Angrboda 16 4754 December 30, 2013 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Animation Dancing Rayaan 4 1909 October 17, 2011 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Animation explaining Mormonism. leo-rcc 18 5563 January 19, 2009 at 9:06 am
Last Post: Rob