Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 11:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leader wants to tax people for not attending church
Leader wants to tax people for not attending church
Oh my god.

http://www.examiner.com/article/christia...-to-church
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
RE: Leader wants to tax people for not attending church
Good luck enforcing that one.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I wouldn't put it past this warped country.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
I can't tell if this guy is serious about this law, because from his comments it does seem that this is just a law that takes the idea of forcing people to buy health insurance for their health's sake to an absurdly histrionic level to highlight how he feels about "Obamacare."

Either way, this guy can go fuck himself.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
How many people buy into what this guys saying? Because if its alot then thats shocking.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of people would upon hearing about this think it is a good idea. If he really tried to implent this, I beleive it would backfire on him, because a large percentage of the people that identify as religious don't actually go to church.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 6, 2012 at 9:48 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if a large percentage of people would upon hearing about this think it is a good idea. If he really tried to implent this, I beleive it would backfire on him, because a large percentage of the people that identify as religious don't actually go to church.

True but I think faced with something like this they soon would. They wouldn't see it as a matter of integrity like you or me, its their religion so they might as well rather than get a fine. This would increase their level of indoctrination and make life very difficult for non-theists.
The sad fact is that this is a policy which the American government might well consider, a more dogmatic population would suit them down to the ground as would the money from the fines.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
It really is past time to start taxing these motherfuckers out of existence.

You know, when I hear that 4 out of 10 Americans believe the world is less than 10,000 years old, I can only think one thing: "Holy shit, this really is the land of opportunity! I have a better chance of mopping the floor with my opponent here than I likely would in any other first world nation. Thank you, Jesus!"

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
How difficult is it to get your house listed as a church?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And so it begins..... tax bill for Spain's churches KichigaiNeko 3 1691 January 30, 2013 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy