Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 1:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution is Awesome
Evolution is Awesome
So this came up in my facebook news feed. Really fantastic photographs and interesting links.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...374&type=1
You really believe in a man who has helped to save the world twice, with the power to change his physical appearance? An alien who travels though time and space--in a police box?!? [Image: TARDIS.gif]
RE: Evolution is Awesome
Even better than "awesome" it is TRUE.
[Image: evolution-sucks.jpg]
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
At its simplest, evolution is "what works, works and what doesn't work disappears after a while".
Evolution is awesome, isn't it? It's amazing how it has shaped our entire planet into the awesome place it is. There are so many different forms of life that have evolved in so many different ways and taking on so many different forms, all from a common ancestor starting so very long ago. Also, those pictures were fucking amazing. I think if any of them are big enough I am going to use them as wallpapers.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
(July 8, 2012 at 11:46 am)Minimalist Wrote: Even better than "awesome" it is TRUE.

It is not good because it also produced fundamentalists.

Evolution needs a guiding hand to do better next time.
awww, is that a kiwi in that picture? They are still awesome!
Evolution is awesome. I think in order to be a emotionally fullfilled atheist you need to know of evolution. This is because we all wonder how we got here. I feel sorry for atheists that existed before Darwin.
GodlessGirl
(July 23, 2012 at 8:32 am)GodlessGirl Wrote: I think in order to be a emotionally fullfilled atheist you need to know of evolution. This is because we all wonder how we got here. I feel sorry for atheists that existed before Darwin.

I disagree, I don't need to know evolution to be an atheist, nether all others that may have existed. An atheist is merely a person that does not believe in god(s), sure we may be driven by curiousity to know how things happen.

Another thing, the idea of evolution already existed way before Darwin, even in greek time, but it was Darwin that applied the scientific method, to make a very accurate description of how it works, being the most known proposition "natural selection".

Atheists before, namely in the medieval times, should have bigger fish to fry, as they had terrible fates if someone knew about your atheism.
Evolution is ugly.

[Image: i-97ab3d0bdc5523d245f4bcd206d44f46-entelodont.jpg]
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giant Bugs Are Awesome ! ( Vids ) Warning If Bugs Freak you Out ) ! The Architect Of Fate 14 955 December 11, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30408 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ten Reasons Bacteria is [censored] Awesome TheDarkestOfAngels 7 4033 February 12, 2011 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko