Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Here
New Here
As I am new here, I felt it would only be polite to introduce myself. I'm here because I've recently been rejected by all of my "Christian" friends in real life (I place the word Christian in quotes because they don't follow Christian doctrine as espoused by the bible). I have attempted to seek advice on Christian forums, but my inquiries have been met by accusations that I am "falling into sin" and am "being tempted by the devil", all remarks which I can't help but find antagonistic. At this point, I don't know what I believe or don't believe. Every time I tell myself God doesn't exist, I ask myself almost simultaneously: "Am I going to hell for thinking that?" So, as you can see, it's a never-ending cycle of confusion. Confused Fall

Anyway, I hope to figure out a few things here, which I will post about in more detail in another forum.

Nice to "meet" you all Smile
RE: New Here
(June 27, 2009 at 10:23 pm)DunnoAnymore Wrote: I've recently been rejected by all of my "Christian" friends in real life (I place the word Christian in quotes because they don't follow Christian doctrine as espoused by the bible).

This might be the problem right here. They may believe they are following that doctine espoused by the bible. They're interpretation just maybe differing from yours. (Surprise Surprise)

Disagreements over "Doctrine" and interpretation may have given root to the "I'm right, your wrong so I must separate my self from you" mindset your former fiends may have adopted.
(June 27, 2009 at 10:23 pm)DunnoAnymore Wrote: my inquiries have been met by accusations that I am "falling into sin" and am "being tempted by the devil",

Well, you are. [Image: winkanim.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(June 28, 2009 at 12:10 am)Dotard Wrote: [quote='DunnoAnymore' pid='21343' dateline='1246155795']

Disagreements over "Doctrine" and interpretation may have given root to the "I'm right, your wrong so I must separate my self from you" mindset your former fiends may have adopted.

Did you misspell friends as 'fiends' on purpose? Thinking Big Grin
(June 27, 2009 at 10:23 pm)DunnoAnymore Wrote: Every time I tell myself God doesn't exist, I ask myself almost simultaneously: "Am I going to hell for thinking that?"

Yes. Yes you are. [Image: madfire.gif]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
---------------
NO MA'AM
(June 28, 2009 at 12:15 am)Dotard Wrote:
(June 27, 2009 at 10:23 pm)DunnoAnymore Wrote: Every time I tell myself God doesn't exist, I ask myself almost simultaneously: "Am I going to hell for thinking that?"

Yes. Yes you are. [Image: madfire.gif]

Oh wow I'm actually scared now. No joke. Confused
If Hell existed, you should be scared. Fortunately it does not.
Yes it does and here is a pic of him getting tossed into it for his blasphemy!

[Image: fire.gif]
---------------
---------------
NO MA'AM
(June 28, 2009 at 12:27 am)Dotard Wrote: Yes it does and here is a pic of him getting tossed into it for his blasphemy!

[Image: fire.gif]

Tiberius, unfortunately, as you can see, I still tend to believe it does exist.

Dotard, if this is the type of greeting you give everyone, I imagine this is a pretty exciting place? Big Grin
Just trying to demonstrate how silly it is to believe in such a thing as hell.
[Image: hell-by-jack-chick.gif]

Although hell does look pretty cool here. It's got dragons and big creepy eyes coming over the horizon!
---------------
---------------
NO MA'AM
(June 27, 2009 at 10:23 pm)DunnoAnymore Wrote: Every time I tell myself God doesn't exist, I ask myself almost simultaneously: "Am I going to hell for thinking that?" So, as you can see, it's a never-ending cycle of confusion. Confused Fall

In my understanding God WANT'S you to question his existence and it is precisely that that proves your love to him. Only in victorian times was the reasoning accepted that Hell was the scary destination you're imagining. To follow God is to do stuff positive to your human existence. Not following God is doing stuff detrimental to you enjoyment of this life and therefore = hell. That's it. To make any more of it than that - to think of some fairy tale burning pit is completely besides any point. Why the fuck should you worry about that now? The reason religious people include this into the scenario is to address the concept of there being a soul and that soul being eternal. Still the same principle applies. It's all about happiness and anti destructiveness.

What denomination are you/ were you from BTW?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi everybody! New here (She/It) requiredfield 22 607 April 2, 2024 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New Here Nomistic 13 628 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 1003 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1267 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1103 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie