Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions and fundies and fearmongers OH MY
Lions and fundies and fearmongers OH MY
This article from the Huffington Post is about the RIGHTFUL removal of the 10 Commandments from the Oakland Ca Zoo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/26...07718.html

Now of course the fear mongers on the right, and probably even some left leaning Christians are blowing a gasket wrongfully about keeping government neutral.

Would the same people who got it put there, allow the display of the Pillars of Islam, or the Nobel Truths of Buddhism?

Here is the thing Christians, you are NOT going to have it both ways, and claim that it is a neutral display when you do it, but deny others a display themselves. And we are talking about a zoo in any case, not a church or Mosque or Synagogue.

I'd like to ask these fearmongers where the lack of private property is, such as a megga church lawn, or any lawn next to a public road that can be seen but is on private property? I'd like you to show me where the lack of privately owned media is, such as tv, radio and internet, all available for you to post the Ten Commandments.

This is OUR government and considering the First Amendment and "no religious test" that means there is NO religious pecking order or favortism written into the Constitition.

The removal of the display is not an act of fascism, nor is America going to become North Korea. It is merely maintaining the NEUTRALITY of government, much like no NFL fan would like it if the reffs were wearing the uniforms of their team's rival instead of the neutral black and white.

So to the childish bitchmongers I say grow the fuck up. If you want to live under a government run on religion, ask any Christian or non Shiite for that matter what kind of voice they have in Iran.

Marking territory like a lion pissing on a bush is what fascists do, what theocracies do. In civil society WE accept that our personal religions or politics do not hold a monopoly on government in a pluralistic society.
RE: Lions and fundies and fearmongers OH MY
I doubt lions are bothered about the ten commandments. Thou shalt not eat spectators - nah fuck that, I'm a lion.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Now, these are the kinds of these atheists should focus on. The ten commandments have no place on government property.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

There should only be two.
(July 28, 2012 at 8:31 am)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: I doubt lions are bothered about the ten commandments. Thou shalt not eat spectators - nah fuck that, I'm a lion.

LOL actually , some dip shit actually jumped the encloser in a zoo and tried to preach to a lion. I am sure it is still on the net somewhere, but Infidel Guy had it posted at his website for some time, it made global news.
Quote:There should only be two.

I think one is plenty: "Try not to be a cunt"

A famous rabbi once said; "do to others as you would have them to to you. The rest is commentary"

Quote:LOL actually , some dip shit actually jumped the encloser in a zoo and tried to preach to a lion. I am sure it is still on the net somewhere, but Infidel Guy had it posted at his website for some time, it made global news.

Here ya go: (it was in Taiwan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR9oprqQu5o

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fundies DramaQueen 12 1789 August 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: professor