Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One not to miss, if you live in the UK!
One not to miss, if you live in the UK!
Look out, look out, " the greatest saint of modern times " is coming to the UK! The bones of St. Therese of Liseux, a Carmelite nun, known as " the Little Flower of Jesus" , who died in 1897, are to do gigs throughout the UK, INCLUDING Wormwood Scrubs ( where old lags seeking redemption will be able to seek it through them because apparently, when alive she had an affinity with sinners and those "on the edge "), York Minster and various cathedrals.
Her birthplace in France is second only to Lourdes in attracting pilgrims. She of course claims to have had signs from god and a claim has been made to the effect that a 7-year-old Edith Piaf was cured of blindness after visiting her grave.!Sad to relate, however, that them bones them bones don't always have the desired effect. Apparently they were taken to Iraq in 2002 to thwart the oncoming invasion.

So, if you're a sinner or " on the edge " don't miss this opportunity!!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: One not to miss, if you live in the UK!
Them bones, them bones, them dry bones kicked off the first leg of the " Miracle Tour " with a gig at St.John's Cathedral, Portsmouth this week. Turnout was good, a normal Wednesday congregation of usually 20 swelled to more than 600.
The ill prayed to be healed and relatives of the dying pleaded for a miracle.
Many visitors believed that miracles were in the offing. One woman said that she became pregnant, after being told she could not, when she prayed to the bones. Another planned to pray for her mother who had cancer and was not expected to see xmas.
John Milne rubbed two angel figures against the glass surrounding the casket. " I do believe in the power of objects like this " he said.
Helen Goodwin, a regular at the cathedral, collapsed in tears when the relics arrived. " I had to walk away ", she said " I would like to hear there has been a miracle, a healing. That would make my life complete " ( she's 70 ).
Canon Udris said he believed St. Therese had a sense of this global odyssey before she died in 1897, aged 24.
" She said she would like to travel the earth preaching the gospel. She was already dying from tb so she must have had some kind of sense that her life and mision was going to go on. "

What can you say? Pinch me someone. This is the 21st century and superstition still persists. HOW SAD.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(September 17, 2009 at 2:30 pm)bozo Wrote: What can you say? Pinch me someone. This is the 21st century and superstition still persists. HOW SAD.

Indeed
Can I pinch you, Bozo? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:What can you say? Pinch me someone. This is the 21st century and superstition still persists. HOW SAD.

There will always be delusion. No matter how advanced the society or the technology or even the knowledge we've gained, delusion will still be there. I see it as nothing more than a pile of wishful thinking.

Quote:Can I pinch you, Bozo?
Um...I'm available....Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Ewww

I was a bit grossed out with the fucking relics in some stunningly beautiful churches in Italy. The odd small body parts are bad enough.But entire, mouldy cadavers in glass cases are just TFM.

Traditionally there were at least three churches in Italy which claimed to have the head of John The Baptist. That's patently absurd,EVERYONE knows The Knights Templar had it,but they eated it.Angel Cloud
It's just a thigh bone and another bone in a glass case apparently. The rest of her body(/bones) is still in the place she died.

I sorta understood it as they were talking about it on the radio today. Amazing how this 24yr old made such a huge impression. Her mother superior got her to write an autobiography in the end apparently.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 769 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4040 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3609 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  I sorta feel like I didn't live up to my Dad's expecatations NuclearEnergy 22 2283 January 2, 2017 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 17 3824 November 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 18 4014 November 28, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 5998 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Does your God Only Live in your Mind? Salacious B. Crumb 2 1635 May 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  God is not the only eternal one ! (if he exist) reality.Mathematician 16 3433 June 19, 2014 at 3:06 am
Last Post: reality.Mathematician
  SO glad I don't live in Texas... SteelCurtain 20 4423 January 27, 2014 at 2:05 am
Last Post: yoshirama