Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo "Duds" from the Moon
Photo "Duds" from the Moon
Released, I suppose, because of Neil's death.

As some of you may have noticed when I occasionally pop up and bomb the member photos thread, I've been getting into photography. Thus, this article hit me on two levels: the sheer nerdgasmness of "OMIGOD ITS NEIL ON THE MOON" (still as powerful as the Mars rover, if you ask me), and also from the stance of a photographer: how does one go about trying to record one of those absolutely profound and life-changing moments in human history? To paraphrase Eddie Izzard, we made it from the blue one to the grey one...well done!

http://www.americanphotomag.com/photo-ga...pPodID=020

Normally I would do the image tags and just include everything on the thread, but I'd rather you all click the link and page through them one by one and share the experience of imagining being in a completely alien landscape, camera in hand, and trying desperately to get as many and the best images you can.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Photo "Duds" from the Moon
Really put the lie to the oft-heard claim that the landings were obviously faked because "all the photographs brought back from the moon are correctly exposed, correctly framed, and crisply in focus", don't they?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Photo "Duds" from the Moon
People who like to suggest conspiracy theories rarely ever look to see if there's more information. If it's not handed to them on the outset then someone is clearly hiding something.

Every photographer has a folder for each series that contains bombs, overexposures, and so on that would never see the light of day if things like this didn't happen (deaths, etc).
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok geeks, blue moon and standing alone. Brian37 17 843 December 27, 2020 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  signatures and photo manipulation dj-hato 14 2240 January 15, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: dj-hato