Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-DoS Protection & Logging
Just a quick message to let people know I've implemented some anti-DoS (denial of service) scripts on the server. These should both log and prevent (by banning IPs) access to the server if an attack is detected.

Note however that no system is perfect, and the configuration may need fine tuning. If you find yourself unable to access the site at all, please send me an email:

tiberius [{aT}] atheistforums (d0t) org

Please remember, this is only if you cannot access the site at all. If you can see the site but cannot log in, please contact me via the contact form at the bottom of the page.
RE: Anti-DoS Protection & Logging
So the email to use to contact you should we find that we can't access this website at all is posted on this website?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(September 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm)Stue Denim Wrote: So the email to use to contact you should we find that we can't access this website at all is posted on this website?
Yes...where else would I post it? I'm posting it now so people can read and (hopefully) remember it. Other than that, we have a Facebook group you can join and message me on, or you can go to the #atheistforums IRC channel on Dalnet.
How has the log been going? Many attacks??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:Yes...where else would I post it? I'm posting it now so people can read and (hopefully) remember it.

The same way I have to remember my 97 character password?

Big Grin
Kichi: No real attacks yet. Three false positives that I reverted quite quickly. I managed to get my own account blocked which was amusing.

All a learning process though.
You are light years ahead of me mate.! Big Grin (And will gladly acknowledge that Bow Down )

I am only curious as there seem to be two ways/ pages to log into this site. Next time I encounter them will print screen and show you. I am thinking that perhaps my ISP may have something to do with it.

As always ...EVERYTHING is a learning process I am thinking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 11, 2012 at 4:41 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: You are light years ahead of me mate.! Big Grin (And will gladly acknowledge that Bow Down )

I am only curious as there seem to be two ways/ pages to log into this site. Next time I encounter them will print screen and show you. I am thinking that perhaps my ISP may have something to do with it.

As always ...EVERYTHING is a learning process I am thinking

Further to my query....
[Image: 557349_10151171878992460_1739611650_n.jpg]

The difference between HTTP and HTTPS?
[Image: 581344_10151171879192460_529387538_n.jpg]
Ah, that's nothing to do with HTTPS. There are indeed two ways of logging in. One is via JavaScript on any page whilst logged out. The other is for non-JavaScript users (though you can still use it if JavaScript is enabled). All by design though. Smile
Thanks for your patience mate. Still learning here.