Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If God Weren't Invisible
If God Weren't Invisible
... what might a personal relationship with 'him' really be like? (NB: Potentially mildly NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYkxWO4Op6c?rel=0

From the crotch-bar:

Quote:"Every breath you take...every move you make...every bond you break...every step you take...I'll be watching you." ~ God (and Sting)

A great point made in a conversation I had with LiveLife8072 and NegationofP is that believers don't act like God is there, watching them. They act appropriately when someone real walks in and catches them in an uncompromising situation, like masturbating or something, but God was already supposed to be there. Perhaps this is a sign that, deep down, they don't truly believe.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: If God Weren't Invisible
Even if you throw invisibility into the mix, God talks in that one from time to time so I'd say Darkmatter's God does more than irl God even if he were made visible.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Good point. Actually irl God has been so emasculated and eviscerated by its worshippers that is now the most powerless entity in the Universe. It totally depends on humans to speak for it, act for it, defend it and so on. Humans with questionable motives, I might add.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
"God" started creating the whole fucking universe, then deteriorated to the point where he had to use a flood to kill everyone and have his designated human build a boat to save his ass. You'd think that an all-powerful "god" could just do all that...but it gets worse.

By the 6th century he's reduced to the status of an aging mafia don who has to hire the fucking Babylonians to do his wet work for him and by the first century he's so fucking inept that he has to get himself - or his alleged "son" crucified to make a point.

Total fucking bullshit....all of it.
It's very revealing that all the more fantastic elements of the story got considerably less fantastic the nearer they got to actual history. God's powers, the miracles, the ages of the patriarchs; once real people started to record and investigate this stuff, all the magic faded away. It's almost as though it were all mythology.
(September 18, 2012 at 12:51 pm)Stimbo Wrote: It's very revealing that all the more fantastic elements of the story got considerably less fantastic the nearer they got to actual history. God's powers, the miracles, the ages of the patriarchs; once real people started to record and investigate this stuff, all the magic faded away. It's almost as though it were all mythology.

Picks up again when it comes to predicting the future as well, doesn't it Tongue?
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And now (if it weren't already blatant enough) we know... Lucanus 7 2673 August 23, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15810 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12446 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  What if there weren't Creationists???? The Reality Salesman01 18 6895 August 3, 2013 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6705 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad