Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A brief interlude of J Krishnamurti, and other great quotes
A brief interlude of J Krishnamurti, and other great quotes
So I was thinking, I haven't seen a great quotes thread, perhaps we could begin one here? If not then perhaps just take a moment to appreciate this one, which I've found to be rather useful of late and which, fantastically, has a real sense of profundity to it (mostly in the audible version but here it loses little)

Quote:First to realise not verbally but in your heart, in your blood, in your whole thinking, that human beings right through the world go through the same agonies that one goes through: the loneliness, the despair, the depressions, the extraordinary uncertainty, insecurity, whether they live ten thousand miles away or two thousand miles, or here, they are all psychologically bound together"
Krishnamurti, 1979
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
RE: A brief interlude of J Krishnamurti, and other great quotes

I started one. It had a relatively short life span. I don't think this is a "quotes" crowd. But one thing I've seen elsewhere is a "quote game" where the next person posts a quote that was in some way related or associated to the previous quote. (Even if only in that warped lil' chillin's mind.) But this is not that thread. (And this isn't a real "game" crowd either.)

Oh. And Krishnamurti was a jerk. No matter how much perfume you spray on it, the asshole still stinks.

“The Christian resolution to find the world ugly and bad has made the world ugly and bad.”
Nietzsche

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
A lot of Absurdist art is about how juxtapositions of unrelated things can be enlightening, as such I often find the most profound statements are expressed in the most crass way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idz70hx-WGA
(September 20, 2012 at 7:51 am)apophenia Wrote: I started one. It had a relatively short life span. I don't think this is a "quotes" crowd.

Alas, I have noticed.
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
'Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.',

Richard P. Feynman

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Meaningful ideas and quotes *Deidre* 606 66365 June 3, 2023 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Famous Karl Marx Quotes vulcanlogician 7 552 October 2, 2021 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  [Serious] The Great American Think Off Angrboda 4 362 June 5, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Are there other paradoxes analogous to the so-called "Paradox of Hedonism"? Porcupine 4 475 July 17, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Are other atheists of one book? carusmm 14 1898 May 30, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The great wisdom of Poverty TrueChristian 44 5209 January 18, 2016 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A great point of hypocrisy and discrimination -By Ryan Higa(nigahiga) Heat 2 2688 December 17, 2015 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Heat
  A Great Philosophical Question. Pyrrho 26 6484 September 28, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Moral law in Humans and other animals The Reality Salesman01 13 4043 February 28, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Your favorite quotes. Lemonvariable72 42 7538 July 16, 2014 at 9:37 am
Last Post: bennyboy