Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are other atheists of one book?
Are other atheists of one book?
Other atheists certainly seem so if you can believe that they can read.
RE: Are other atheists of one book?
Wut?!?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Such philosophy, dis amazing, blew my mind, I didn't know my fellow atheists were books.
If you mean either that there is a definitive guide to atheism, an atheists set of dogma, or atheist code you are wrong. If you don't believe in a god or gods you are an atheist. No special handshake or code of conduct required.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
except anal sex and baby eating . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I think your strong suit may be minimalism ... hone that craft.

(May 29, 2016 at 5:24 pm)Jenny A Wrote: If you mean either that there is a definitive guide to atheism, an atheists set of dogma, or atheist code you are wrong.  If you don't believe in a god or gods you are an atheist. No special handshake or  code of conduct required.

We haven't told you about the special handshake, yet.

Soon.
Yup, we ur all uneducited angree militrants. Now piss off!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
There is indeed one single, solitary book into which I put all of what passes for my faith:

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Atheism, as a subset of sceptical thinking, by it's very nature precludes all such nonsense.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there other paradoxes analogous to the so-called "Paradox of Hedonism"? Porcupine 4 459 July 17, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Peterson's 12 Rules for Life v2.0-- actual book discussion bennyboy 238 17889 October 8, 2018 at 3:20 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Thinking of writing a book... Sayetsu 4 594 March 13, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Book of Genesis Parashu 16 2746 February 20, 2016 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Moral law in Humans and other animals The Reality Salesman01 13 4040 February 28, 2015 at 1:32 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Why is there no mention of dinosaurs in the great book? Yahweh 64 12933 January 3, 2014 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  why shouldn't adults bully each other? dazzn 119 36170 June 5, 2013 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh
  A brief interlude of J Krishnamurti, and other great quotes liam 4 2496 September 20, 2012 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: jonb