Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My sister came out of the closet today...
Rainbow 
My sister came out of the closet today...
A while ago I got back from my nephew's 3rd birthday celebration. When I got there, the first people I saw were my sister (the one without kids), and a stud woman, who I had never met before. I'd barely gotten out my hello, when my sister told me she had something to tell me. She's 24 now, and I brought her up to be independent, and she does a pretty good job, but she's still pretty immature in a lot of ways. I was so worried she was going to tell me she was pregnant!

She sat me down, took a deep breath, and said, "Sissy, I'm gay.". I was so relieved! It did, however, catch me off guard because her whole life she's been sorta boy crazy, moving from one boyfriend to the next since middle school. She almost got married last year, but came home and caught the guy cheating with a neighbor.

The stud was her girlfriend. I'm just glad she's not pregnant, or joining some crazy religious cult. I told her that if she's happy, I'm happy.

Has anyone else been a little shocked to find out that someone they loved and knew well is gay? Why didn't I see it?

Don't get me wrong, I don't identify as a straight woman, although I am only attracted to men. I've always thought of myself as a man, and people tell me all the time that I think like one, and sometimes act like one. So, I have no problem with her sexual orientation, no matter what it is, I'm just confused. I never pegged her for anything other than a heterosexual.

RE: My sister came out of the closet today...
Given how I used to dress and the friends I had in my youth my family were genuinely surprised to find that I'm heterosexual. My wife was convinced I was gay when we met, and I'm still pretty happy.
(September 22, 2012 at 6:53 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Has anyone else been a little shocked to find out that someone they loved and knew well is gay?

No. But I have a dear friend, who came out of the 'gender closet' quite recently. (I will refer to this person as 'she', since she hasn't yet asked me to change the pronoun.) It's quite a shock when someone you thought to be a 'woman', actually says that she is in fact somewhere in between. Shows that neither sexuality nor gender is as black and white as once thought, but that everyone is somewhere in between.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

My gaydar is pretty good, but there are still some people out there that surprise me.

My boyfriend and I have both been kinda on the other end of things. When I first came out to my mom her reaction was "Huh. You never seemed especially effeminate growing up." My dad was convinced it was just a phase, but if so, it's been the best four year phase of my life and I want to keep that phase going.

As for him, I don't think he's out as trans to his co-workers and when he started working at Walmart, he wasn't even out to himself. His co workers all reacted with a little surprise to find out he's into girls, mostly because they never figured him as anything other than a straight girl.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(September 22, 2012 at 7:05 pm)jonb Wrote: Given how I used to dress and the friends I had in my youth my family were genuinely surprised to find that I'm heterosexual. My wife was convinced I was gay when we met, and I'm still pretty happy.

Jon, this t-shirt slogan is meant as a joke.
Not a rule to live by.
[Image: a1209_bm.gif]
Accept who you are. Nobody will think any less of you... except Godschild, Lion, Drich, Fr0d0, Mehmet and Christian.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Here's a question: does it make a guy gay if he wants to suck my dick?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Q1: you brought her up?

Q2: what's confusing? is it that you didn't pick up on it, or that she was previously boy crazy, or something else?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Quote:I never pegged her for anything other than a heterosexual.

You've been a little busy, Alei. You can't pick up on everything all the time.
(September 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Here's a question: does it make a guy gay if he wants to suck my dick?

It's at least a little gay. Meh.
(September 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Here's a question: does it make a guy gay if he wants to suck my dick?

Depends, do you consider the penis ingeneral to be a male sexual organ?
If so then yes.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3662 196763 April 21, 2024 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 884 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1079 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2262 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1108 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1089 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 513 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3534 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I just found out today. Brian37 2 636 February 12, 2020 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37