Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faux news asking an atheist's opinion
Faux news asking an atheist's opinion
I like the way they ask this guy on the show for his opinion then bash him like a bunch of schoolkids for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6tczCwtI...ntext-vrec

Kudos to the guy who had to sit there and take that crap, I thought he handled it superbly.
RE: Faux news asking an atheist's opinion
Meh. I've seen this guy in other interviews, and I think he's an idiot and a tool. That's probably why Fox chose to interview him, so they could parade him around as a paragon of atheism to their close-minded audience.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
"That's mockery! You're mocking us!"

That was pretty much all I heard there...
Cunt
If I were Christian and faced the crises I have faced in my life. I would have killed myself multiple times already (if that was possible).

Indeed I have known Christians who have faced less serious problems than I have faced, have had their faith seriously challenged.
undefined
(September 26, 2012 at 8:49 am)Faith No More Wrote: Meh. I've seen this guy in other interviews, and I think he's an idiot and a tool. That's probably why Fox chose to interview him, so they could parade him around as a paragon of atheism to their close-minded audience.

Yeah, I've seen him, too. A bit more aggressive than most atheists would be and not so good at opening up and responding to giant holes in their logic. Still, I do remember him on the O'Reilly Factor a while ago with ol' Bill claiming to prove God exists because "Tides go in, tides go out and you can't explain that." That was nice of Bill to give us a good moment of comedy on an otherwise dull show of his.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3AFMe2OQY
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Don't let him talk! He speaks those Atheist LIIIIIIIES!

EDIT: That woman's voice. Ugh.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
"The parishoner is boarding up his windows while saying a prayer" and "But prayer bring comfort to so many people" But why would he need to board up the windows if the prayer would help him? "But god didn't create the hurricane..." here's a dictionary, look up 'omnipotent'. I admit that the guy could have been a little more sensitive (not called god the 'man in the sky' or used the word 'delusional') He wasn't wrong , but he should have known how thin-skinned they would be, and how their outbursts would make it look like he was the bad guy to an ignorant and/or biased viewer.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Yeah. I will admit he wasn't being soft and nice with them, but he shouldn't have to! No one should!
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(September 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm)Annik Wrote: Yeah. I will admit he wasn't being soft and nice with them, but he shouldn't have to! No one should!

Exactly, he just should have known that they couldn't take it and would play the martyr card, fooling many viewers into believing that he was being a genuine jerk.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Quote:I admit that the guy could have been a little more sensitive (not called god the 'man in the sky' or used the word 'delusional'

There is no point to being polite to morons. They will simply ignore it and go on praising their invisible friend even more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A song I played. Please tell me your opinion. WinterHold 0 820 October 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  People who watch fox news know less about the world than people who watch no news. downbeatplumb 5 2957 December 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Wow! BBC asks for my opinion! Floored and flummoxed! Anymouse 5 2259 July 26, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: fr0d0